Chapter 1 - Sophie

Keefe

Ever since Sophie left the Elvin world and went to Florida it was all Sophie could think about. She tried everything; banging her head on the wall, standing upside down and a ton more but couldn't get her mind off him.

She dreamt about his ice-blue eyes.

His hair.

But she always remembered Keefe proposed to a girl named Everleigh 4 years ago, that's the only reason Sophie left.

She was dating Fitz when Keefe proposed.

Keefe was right about the Heart of Matter.

She loved him but was too late to figure that out.

Today she had a date with Jackson, her boyfriend. They've been dating for 4 years now. He's the only person who understood her, but he's a human. Not that Sophie complained. She just needs someone to keep her mind off Keefe.

Sophie's phone's rung.

It was Jackson.

"Hey, Jackson," Sophie said from her kitchen, she was brewing coffee.

"Hey, Soph! So, I was thinking we could meet at the restaurant near the beach?"

Sophie scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh, yeah that's totally fine," She lied, as she poured her coffee in a cup

"Perfect! So I'll meet you at 7?"

"Sure," Sophie sat on her table and sipped on her coffee.

"Okay see you there!"

He hung up.

Sophie sighed and all of a sudden she lost her appetite.

She didn't want to be with Jackson; one day she'll have the courage to tell him.

She wanted to break up with him.

But he'd be heartbroken, after all, they've been dating for four years!

She dumped her coffee in the sink and washed her cup.

She looked at the time; 6:30.

Red dress, white dress, pink, purple, Sophie ran through her closet, she went across the dress that was ice-blue.

Keefe

Ice-blue eyes, blond, soft locks, his pulchritudinous laugh, jokes, Lord Hunkyhair.

Sophie let out a frustrated yell and threw the dress on the ground.

I don't need Keefe to live

I guess I don't oxygen to breath

She grabbed her short, long v-necked- which ended at the end of her chest, simple red dress with spaghetti straps, dress.

Sophie did her hair in a bun but curled the front two strands. She put on gold-hooped earrings. She did her makeup- added mascara, lipstick, and some other makeup supplies- she forgot the names. She stumbled on her black, block heel sandals.

***

Jackson was waiting for her with a grin on his face.

A Keefe grin.

Ugh! Snap out of it Sophie!

"Sophie over here!" Jackson yelled, moving his blond hair out of his forehead.

"Hi Jackson," Sophie said, as she headed over to the table for two. She could now control her telepathy- just like her enchanting.

"Hey, I... I'll be back," he said as she sat down.

"Uh, okay."

Sophie rested her head on the table.

Just get used to it! This is your life now! Keefe's having the time of his life now! Be happy!

Sophie shook her head

"Having a bad day, miss?"

Sophie scoffed

"You have no idea," Sophie replied to the stranger and looked up, to grab the menus from their hand and grabbed her phone. "Thanks,"

The stranger laughed

"Hey no problem, Foster!"

Hold up

Foster?

"Did you just call me 'Foster?'" Sophie asked as she slowly moved her head to meet his eyes

Ice blue

Sophie bolted up and stared at the grinning guys face. "Keefe?"

"The one and only," Keefe replied, stretching out his arms. Sophie entered his embrace.

"Y-you came," She said, into his chest- her shoulders felt light as Keefe held her

"Yeah, I did," Keefe said, who had his hands on her back, he was gently making circles and her back. "Why did you ever leave?"

Sophie softly chuckled. "Long story,"

Keefe leaned into her ear and whispered: "I have time. I tried to bribe Forkle into telling me. Let's just say it didn't go well,"

Sophie laughed. "It's a funny story act-

Someone cleared their throat behind them

Oh-oh Jackson- he's not going to like this

"What are YOU doing!?" Jackson partially yelled.

Sophie winced as she stepped out of Keefe's arms.

Let's just say Jackson was a mix of Keefe and Fitz.

"Uh, Jackson, this is just my friend Keefe. It was a friendly hug," Sophie said, scratching her cheek

"Just? Didn't look like it," he growled

"Who's?" Keefe asked Sophie as he nudged his head towards Jackson

"I'm her boyfriend," Jackson answered for her

Sophie winced when Keefe looked hurt

"He is?" Keefe asked Sophie, as he ran his hand threw his hair, messing it even more

Do it!

Do it!

Her mind chanted that phase over and over

Sophie sighed and looked at Jackson who's gaze softened

"Look, Jackson, I didn't want to do this, like this, but..... I can't do this and-"

"Your breaking up with me," Jackson finished, his gaze mixed with sadness and anger

Sophie nodded- looking away. "I'm sorry, it's because-"

"It's fine," he growled while Sophie turned her head. "If you don't want to be with me- I'm not going to force you,"

"I'm glad you understand...." Sophie voice trailed off when she saw Jackson pull out a black box out of suit pants

"I guess I won't be needing this. I'll go return it," his voice sounded heart broken- his eyes turned glassy as he turned around.

"Bye Sophie. It's been a nice four years of my with life you," he looked into his box, clearing his throat and headed out

Sophie covered her mouth. "Bye, J-"

She couldn't get the words to come out

She'd just broken up, with her only chance of happiness.

A/N

Why do feel like all of you are crying?