Chapter 15 - Sophie

A/N I'm so nice, right?

"Hey, mom!" Addison said as she entered the kitchen

Sophie smiled looking up from the dishes she was cleaning. "Hey, Addison,"

Addison jumped onto the kitchen counter.

"Aiden and Brooklyn are together," Addison said as if it was no enormous deal at all

Sophie squealed and looked up excitedly from the dishes. "Really!?"

Addison rubbed her ears. "What's with the banshee cries?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "About time he confessed,"

"I know right?" Addison started grabbing the orange fruit from the basket. "I didn't even get a thank you,"

Sophie shook her head in disbelief trying to hide the laugh that would slip off her tongue.

"Did you go to all of your classes and detentions?" Sophie asked, raising her eyebrows

"Yup, I did mom," Addison nodded, proudly

Sophie nodded

"Where's dad?" Addison asked

"He... went somewhere," Sophie said

"Where?"

Sophie shrugged and grabbed the towel to dry her hands. "He's with Dex,"

*At 10 pm*

The doorbell rang- it was probably Keefe. Sophie got herself ready for some intense yelling. She took off her apron and put it on the counter. She made her way towards the door and she pulled it open.

Keefe was leaning against the doorframe and he looked.... drunk.

Elfs had alcohol, too. But it wasn't harmful to them- it just made them go crazy.

Keefe smiled, drowsily, and bent down to touch Sophie's feet while Sophie had her hand on her hip.

"Greetings, boss," he leaned back and saluted her- two fingers to his right eyebrow as he let out a breath.

Sophie scowled, stepped to the side to let Keefe in. "Where have you been? It's TEN!"

"At a restaurant with Tam, Dex, and Fitz. A restaurant we are now banned from," Keefe answered, stumbling in taking off his jacket.

"Banned? You drank out- again? The fifth time this week!" Sophie yelled. "At least drink at home!"

Keefe pouted and stepped forward- so they were less than a foot away. "But that's no fun,"

"Are you kidding me?" Sophie asked, shaking her head

"No," Keefe replied, drowsily

Sophie groaned. "You're impossible," she stepped towards the kitchen but Keefe grabbed her

"Don't be mad, wifey," Keefe said, trailing his hand down Sophie's face

Sophie rolled her eyes and moved away from Keefe. "Go to sleep upstairs- now,"

Keefe pouted again. "Can I kiss you?"

"No," Sophie replied, pushing him back. "Upstairs, now,"

"Please?" Keefe asked, fluttering his eyelashes

Sophie shook from holding her laughter. "Go,"

"Fiiiine," Keefe said, dramatically. "You coming?"

Sophie thought for a moment. "I change my mind- you're sleeping on the couch,"

Keefe's jaw dropped, slightly. "But I love you,"

Sophie smiled, knowing what he was trying to do. "I love you, too,"

"Then why can't I sleep on the bed?" Keefe asked

"Because I said so," Sophie said, nodding

"Fine, you're the boss," Keefe said, pulling her closer.

Before Sophie could pull away, Keefe already had his lips against hers. Sophie tried to pull away but she couldn't resist.

After a while, Sophie pulled away

Keefe looked at her, his eyes filled with hope. "Can I sleep with you, now?"

"No," Sophie said, and she pointed to the closet. "There's a blanket in there,"

Sophie stepped away from his reach. "Goodnight!"

A/N I got the sassy/snarky comment ending from babieangie-'s story Trust Fall.