Chapter 8 - Keefe

A YEAR LATER (I'm lazy)

Keefe went to the jewelry store this morning for his and Sophie's date.

He was going to propose

Fitz kept saying Sophie would say yes to his proposal, he told him everything would be fine and Keefe believed him, but he was still nervous.

What's the worst that could happen? Keefe asked himself. T'he worst that could happen, is she could throw the ring you bought in your face.

Keefe shook his head, Sophie wouldn't do that. Would she?

No, she wouldn't, Keefe, he told himself.

Keefe decided to buy a light blue, diamond ring.

Sophie would definitely love that, Keefe thought and he then dragged his

hand down his face. Ugh! Stop overthinking everything, just go with the flow, like you always do

Keefe wore a tux that Sophie had gotten him and he tucked the ring in his pocket then he took a deep breath and went to Havenfield.

It'll be fine

Keefe knocked on the door and lost his breath when he saw Sophie, she was wearing a shoulder bare, knee-length, red dress, she had her hair in two messy dutch braids she even had gold eyeliner on, she looked amazing.

"Y-ou look great, Foster," Keefe said, blink a serval times- he was sure the moon was shining it's light on Sophie

Sh smiled

"You don't look too bad yourself," she said.

"I know, Sophie," Keefe assured her and offered her his arm

She rolled her eyes and took it

"So, where are we going?"

"I was thinking the forbidden cities," Keefe said and braced for yelling

"Keefe! We can't go there!" Sophie yell

Called it

"It's fine, no one will find out," Keefe said, as he rubbed the back of his ear

"Yes! Yes, they will Keefe!"

"We'll just get in little trouble, we both know we've done that before," Keefe said, grinning when Sophie didn't argue.

"Fine! Where?"

"The place where I met you after four years, remember?" Keefe hoped that sounded romantic

"Keefe, that's so sweet! Of course I remember," Sophie said, smiling.

Achieved your goal, Lord Hunkeyhair

***

Keefe took her to Foxfire after they finished their date.

"Keefe, why are we here- at Foxfire?" Sophie asked, as she looked around.

"I wanted to show you something," Keefe said, leading her to the place where they first met- his ditching spot.

"Do you remember this place?" Keefe asked, he felt his hands sweat

"Yes! Duh! It's we're we first met," Sophie said, she started to grin. "I believe your first words were 'You must be lost'"

Sophie laughed, Keefe cracked a smile rewinding the memory

"Yeah," Keefe said, leading Sophie to a bench, his heart was beating so fast Keefe thought it was going to burst.

They both sat on the bench.

Keefe held Sophie's hand, looking her in the eye. His hand shook as he began. "Look, Sophie, I guarantee there'll be tough times. But I can also guarantee if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because, I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me. I can't see a future without you." Then Keefe got to one knee and took out the diamond ring, he took a deep breath. "Sophie Foster, will you give me the great honor of being called your husband?"

Sophie had both hands over her mouth- it looked like she was going to cry.

"Oh, Keefe YES!" Sophie said, letting Keefe slide the cool ring on her finger. Then Sophie tackled Keefe. She pressed her lips against Keefe's. Keefe's muscles relaxed as Sophie kissed him he leaned back on the ground and kissed back. He inhaled Sophie's familiar scent and smiled against her lips- he was going to be with Sophie for the rest of his life.

Once they broke apart, the panted for air. Keefe grinned. "So Sophie Sencen?"

Sophie smirked

"Sure," Sophie said, getting up. "Today was really fun Keefe, but I should head back-"

"Can I come?" Keefe interrupted and also got up and he realized what he had just said. "'Cause I want to?"

Sophie laughed and grabbed his hand. "Yes, you can come,"

"I love you," Keefe said

"I love you too," Sophie replied