Ch 3

a/n: the book was boring so i decided to add some "action" and sadness sorry :')

POV:

The four boys entered the restaurant, and were led to their seats. They were talking about streams, videos, and about what they had planned tomorrow. Suddenly, Clay stopped talking, and stared at something with his eyes squinted, staring at it in hatred. 

George realized Clay seemed off. "Clay, what's wrong?"

Clay shook his head, stated he was fine and that he just saw a bug or something. They started talking again. But Clay still seemed off. Then, a few seconds later, a tall, brown haired male came walking up to the table.

All of the boys looked up. He didn't look like a waiter, as he wore dark sweatpants, paired with a dark tee. Clay looked disgusted with this man, but the three other boys had no clue who he was.

Man: "Hey, Clay! Long time no see, how're you doing?" the man said with a sly grin.

Clay: "Fuck off Martin!"

Darryl, Nick, and George were startled by his response. Did Clay know who he was?

Martin: "Well, I guess I could fuck off, but why would I do that? Why not stay, have a little chat? 

Clay glared at him, tears forming in his eyes just thinking about him.

"God Clay, you still seem heartbroken. Never got over me did you?"

The boys looked confused, but didn't say anything, as Clay's eyes overflowed with tears at the words Martin was spewing out of his smart-ass mouth. Clay is so fed up with Martin.

Clay: "I SAID GO AWAY! IM TRYING TO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT WITH FRIENDS! FUCK OFF!"

Martin chuckled. He seemed amused that he was bothering Clay. Clay's eyes were filled to the max, with tears threatening to spill over. The other boys seemed very confused, but didn't want to start anything, so they kept their mouths shut.

Martin: "Friends? "So you still haven't gotten a different boyfriend? Wow Clay, looks like I was right. Right about no one ever loving you, right about me being so kind to you, and you broke up with me. Well have friends with your friends, if they even ARE your friends. Your worthless Clay."

Martin left. Clay had tears streaming down his cheeks and looked furious. He then stomped off into the bathroom, leaving the others still questioning who the fuck Martin is, and who the fuck was he to talk to Clay like that?

Clay was practically sobbing in the bathroom, remembering how Martin had literally tore out his heart and stomped on it. Martin was his ex-boyfriend, who had cheated on him a couple months ago, two years into their relationship. 

*In Martin and Clay's relationship*

Clay: "Martin, you know I love you, but somethings been off. Who is Vanessa, and why is she texting you," Clay mimicked puking, "that?" Clay motioned to the sexually explicit texts and images Vanessa had been sending Martin. 

Martin: "Oh, your so fucking stupid Clay! Your fucking oblivious! I've been sleeping with her for the past six months, you haven't noticed? Your such a dumbass, to think you'd be enough for me by yourself. But of course you cant just break up with me, I am the only one who would ever love you. Look at you!"

*SELF HARM TW *

"Your arms have cuts all over them clay, what's wrong with you? Your mentally ill, and should just kill yourself already. No need to cut places that aren't gonna do any good, why not just end it all? Your worthless Clay. Your hideous, and you haven't eaten for days!" Martin motioned at his shirtless skinny figure, drowning in the basketball shorts that used to fit perfectly. His body was wasting away. "No wonder your parents left you! Your fucking worthless Clay, you'll never be worth anything. Never be happy, and never ever will someone love you."

*SELF HARM TW OVER*

Clay felt every piece of his heart break, but he was used to it by now. Martin talked down to him every day, but at least Clay loved him. He wasn't happy in the relationship, but thought it was normal to have a relationship like this, as it was his first. 

Clay's thoughts were interrupted by a calming voice

George: "Clay? Could I come in?"

Clay reluctantly opened the stall door, letting George see his tear stained face. His eyes were puffy, his hands knotted through his hair at the thought of the stress of his past relationship had put him in. Seeing George only made him cry harder. 

George: "Oh..! Your crying! Oh no..I.. its ok Clay."

He was startled at seeing Clay cry. He seemed so strong, and he hadn't ever seen him cry. George pulled Clay in for a warm and comforting hug, Clay sobbing into his shoulder. He didn't want to tell George about what he had been through, but he decided he should anyways, once they gotten home. Clay eventually calmed down, and looked down at George.

Clay: "Sorry George, I didn't mean to wet your sweatshirt." Clay blushed and look at the ground

George looked down at his tear soaked sweatshirt, and shrugged softly. "Its ok Clay. Would you want to talk about what happened?"

Clay nodded, and then said, "Once we get home. Lets go back out to everyone."

George hugged Clay one last time. George was quite a bit shorter than Clay, so he struggled being the "bigger" person hugging and comforting Clay. They went back outside.

Clay sat down and got concerning looks from Darryl and Nick.

Darryl: So Clay- 

Clay cut him off. "He's an..um.. old friend. He just pisses me off."

Clay knew he was lying, and could tell George knew too. After seeing Clay crying like that, George knew it was more than that. But Clay didn't really want to talk about it. None of them ever knew he had a boyfriend, because Clay was scared they wouldn't accept him being bi. He would tell George about it later tonight. 

George was so comforting, with his soft hugs and his warm voice. He knew for sure that George would accept him no matter what. He knew that Darryl and Nick would too, he was just scared. But George made him calm to talk to, so he would tell George. It would probably be better just getting it off my chest. 

The waiter came and they ordered their drinks and food. They finished eating, not saying much. They paid and left. They drove back silently to Clays house. Nick and Darryl said that they would go watch a movie on Nicks computer and that they could come if they wanted. Clay said he wouldn't like to, so George said the same thing. Clay led George into his room. He turned the lights off, knowing that he was going to cry, and didn't want George to fully be able to see him like that again.

They lied down on opposite sides of the bed, not wanting to get awkwardly close to each other. Clay took a deep breath, starting to begin.

<<1157 words>>