Chapter I

(y͜͡/n͜͡' s͜͡ p͜͡ o͜͡ v͜͡

(y͜͡/n͜͡' s͜͡ p͜͡ o͜͡ v͜͡. )

And here I am, on another red-eye. It's 3:00 A.M and I'm listening to i love you by Billie Eilish, still crying over him. My ex boyfriend, Mattia Polibio. But that's not the worst thing, this song and the previous one had remind me of him.

Why can't he leave my mind? Maybe because tomorrow, or in like four hours, I'm going to see him again, after this long time of distance.

Am I scared? Hell yeah, I am. That's why I'm crying. But it's been more than eleven months Y/n... I already know that! Shut up! I can't hide the fact that I might be in love with him still.

Or not?

What's up with his life and family? Is he okay? Does he have a new girlfriend? Does he still love me? Those questions kept repeating in my head making me cry even more not knowing the questions.

We haven't talked since we broke up, and that was a month after I transferred schools, a year ago. I transferred to California and I changed my phone number, including social media. I don't know why to be honest. Maybe because I thought I was gonna stay there forever and I didn't wanna have any hope that I was going to come back to New Jersey.

I was completely wrong.

Now I'm back at home with my mom. No one knows. Mattia doesn't know, our friends doesn't know... Anyone.

How are they gonna act when they see me? Are they going to get mad? Is Mattia going to get mad?

Mattia... That name I never got to forget.

I know a lot of time has passed, but how can I stop loving someone that I've spent almost two years with? And every single second of the days.

Our relationship was a dream. It was perfect. He was my first everything, he taught me a lot of new things and it made me fall in love with him even more. My mom would let him stay the night and would let me sleepover at his house. His family was my second family. I felt so loved every time I was with them.

Every time I think about him, a weird feeling forms on my stomach. When we were together he gave me butterflies all the time. Now it's like the butterflies are eating every piece of my body.

I miss him, hell yeah I do. I miss his hugs, his eyes on me, his smile and me being the reason of causing it. How his eyes would sparkle and his smile would make them narrow. I would always smile when i see him smile or laugh.

☯︎︎ "No and then he was like..." Mattia started talking with a smile on his face. I couldn't help it but stare at him and get lost in his smile.

How his eyes would narrow because of how hard he would laugh and smile. And let's talk about his smile, how radiant and gorgeous it is. How it would light up my world every second.