Pacifica Northwest

Mason, Mabel, and I make our way out of the house and to Pacifica's mansion.

Pacifica Northwest is mostly Mabel's friend, but we're all friends. Unlike our great uncles, Pacifica's parents - Preston and Priscilla Northwest - are very nice and always welcome us into their home. Northwest Manor is sort of our safe haven, I can't speak for Mason and Mabel but I'm pretty sure we all love being there. Whenever my sister goes to visit, Mason and I always beg to tag along. If we're not doing something already, that is.

Pacifica shows up at the door. "Pines fam! Hey! What's going on?" She asked with enthusiasm. "Hey Pacifica, I really wish we could stay but we have work in an hour. We were wondering if maybe we could get something to eat?" Mabel asked.

Now, normal folks would feel awkward asking a friend for food, and sure, it was awkward the first few times, but this happens so often, it's not awkward anymore. Pacifica just says stuff like -

"Didn't feed you again?"

Mabel nodded. Pacifica's eyebrows lowered as she took a step forward and pulled Mabel into a hug that lasted about 10 seconds. "Come in come in!" She said, closing the doors behind us and leading us to the kitchen.

"What are you guys hungry for?"

The three of us just looked at each other. "Anything, we didn't get breakfast or dinner." I said. "What stupid thing did they punish you for this time?" Pacifica asked, rolling her eyes. This is probably the millionth time she's asked this exact question.

"Mason and I were out past curfew and I had a nightmare last night... so mainly my fault..." I said putting my head down. Pacifica turned around, "No, it's not your fault. It's your stupid Great Uncle's. They're abusive and heartless." she said, putting bowls of cereal in front of us. Laying some down for herself as well. "My parents have been trying to help, but they just don't know what to do."

My siblings and I were quick to eat our cereal while Pacifica just watched in astonishment. "Woah, slow down guys, you'll choke!"

We didn't stop but I looked up "Sorry, we're just starving."

She sighed and continued eating. I did the same. Pacifica had workers and servants to help her with virtually anything. But, I really respect her because she always did everything by herself no matter how hard or easy it was. She's always so nice and cares about everyone.

Her parents and a lot of people in town are aware of what our great uncles do to us. They try to help us in any way they can, but every time they report Ford and Stan, our great uncles always get away scot-free. Everyone hates it, but there's nothing they can do. There's nothing we can do.

Mason tried to run away once. Stan found him while Ford punished all of us for it. It's not exactly something any of us like to think about, really.

Stan never really lays his hands on us in a bad way. If he 'needs' to, he gets Ford. Basically, Ford is a threat. If Ford gets involved... oh god save us. We don't see him often as he is always in the basement working on god knows what. But, when we do it's never a good interaction.

"I think we should go now. We only have 10 minutes to get back home." Mabel says, pulling me out of my thoughts. Pacifica sighed. "Oh... okay. I'll come by later, I might bring Gideon, Grenda, or Candy with, to keep you guys company." She said, taking our empty bowls and putting them in the sink.

"That would be great. Thanks Pacifica." I said, as we all got up and started walking towards the door. The three of us thanked her again and went on our way. We made it back to the mystery shack with 2 minutes to spare. We quickly got everything together and started the day.

It was pretty boring, it's a Monday so not many people came by. We did have a few families come through and buy a few things. But that's about it. Pacifica, Grenda, Candy, and Gideon came by as well and we played a few games of Heads-up-2-up, Necronomiconopoly, gum-ball-gum-drop, and What Could Go Wrong: The Board Game.

It was pretty much just a boring day. After we closed up and settled down a bit, Mason and I decided to go exploring the woods again. I don't think we actually were trying to investigate something, we were just trying to find something to write about in our journals. Mabel wanted to tag along with this one since she didn't have anything to do. With that we all set off into the woods with our flashlights and journals, searching for adventure.

"I really wish we could just find something..." Mason said, sighing. Mabel and I nodded in agreement. The sun was just about to start setting meaning we had only an hour or two left before we had to go back home.

"Believe it or not, I'm actually kind of bored." I said as we kept walking. "I agree, this hasn't been very eventf-"

Mabel was cut off by 3 gnomes running past us.
"Beat it scamps!"
"We're running away here!" They said.

"Running away? From what?" I raised my eyebrow in confusion, only to get my answer a few seconds later when a large shadow was running towards us. "Ya know... I think we should probably, maybe, sorta, kinda RUN!!" My brother yelled as he pulled out his journal and started running, I did the same. We all started running back home, writing what we could. A few minutes later we stopped to take a breath. "I don't think it's chasing us anymore..." Mabel said, holding onto a tree for support. "Uh guys, if that thing didn't kill us, I'm pretty sure Stan and Ford will if we don't keep running." Mason exclaimed, pointing towards the sky. THE SUN WAS SETTING! "Oh crud! Let's go! Move!" I yelled, running once more, my siblings following. We ran all the way back home. Luckily we made it just minutes before curfew.

That could have been bad.