Chapter II: They Want to Do What?!

Third Person

It was one peaceful morning in Amity Park. Nothing would have hinted the occasional passer-by about the ongoings within the house belonging to the Fentons'. The duo of ectologist was working without taking rest once for the whole night. They didn't feel tired, for they had a lot of breakthroughs to accomplish, their enthusiasm, work etiquette, the multiple feelings of several degrees of descent on the slide of morals, were their bread, butter and water. They, of course, ignored the latter, thinking more of themselves, feeding their ego even further. Did they think of themselves as saviors of humanity? Probably, Jack Fenton surely did feel like it. They made the final additions to their newest creation, as no failure was allowed at the journey of such importance.

At the meantime, on the opposite side of the metal doors of Fenton portal preparations were being conducted. The king was no fool, and he wasn't going to let some stupid, wretched mortals come into his lands, ravage his new home and hunt down his subjects. Ironic, how something he wished to avoid waltzed right into his hands.

Phantom looked intimidating during those days. Even a simple messenger would be regarded with a look that made them think the king's ever-sore mood was entirely their fault. It did not concern his close ones, for he always tried to look alright near them. And failed. Ember could easily see through the faux smile of his that something was not right. Of course it wasn't, she could not be tricked that easily. Deep inside he was still the same cheerful boy who, despite his righteousness, somehow managed to make the diva eventually care for him deeply and be worried when he was hurt. And it did harm him to be faced again with the monsters more horrible than the world of the dead could give.

The Council, a thing of the bygone era, was finally good for something. And Phantom sometimes sympathised with Pariah for abolishing this incessant bother, a meagre sign of old ages. The Council should have been abolished or made more effective, instead of being a platform for pointless talks of a limited amount of people. They had no use, honestly, apart from that time. To listen to the young monarch's insistent demands that the humans shall be punished for their arrogance with immense abhorrence. While many were surprised, stunned at hearing such talks coming from the most benevolent of them all, they understood him. He did not insist on outright killing them, which wouldn't be that hard, honestly. He had a plan and no member of the Council complained. Despite being young, King Phantom was respected, and now they were putting their faith in the teen once more. For he had the power, and it was all that mattered. Before all of that happened, he had had a talk with his sister.

Jazz POV

I was returning to FentonWorks from my job at the local coffee shop. I have been working there for some time since I finished High school. Yes, I had dreamt about going to Harvard for very long, but it was not going anywhere. A gap year was a good excuse to stay here when Danny needs me so much. He needs some people to rely on. It's good that lil' brother was able to make friends in the Zone, I would have thought that after everything that had happened he would have shut himself completely. Well, when was there a time he played by rules? That was him — a frivolous, chatty kid who never could avoid troubles, the industrial amount of sticking plaster I had used on him when he was barely in elementary school was a good confirmation of that.

I still couldn't believe what our parents had done to him. It is...hurtful to even think of it. I was his bigger sister, I had to know that they would react badly to these news. But I guess I still could not see clearly. I was not Danny, they actually gave me all of their attention. I was not blind, I saw how they ignored my little brother even on his birthdays, but I still held hopes for them, like every normal child in a normal family would. I just forgot that they were anything but normal. They were insane maniacs, and I now felt like a spy in the enemy territory. I wanted to rent a flat, Danny even offered to pay for it with his immense wealth, but I decided that I had to be of help.