Chapter III: Let the madness begin!

A.N. I guess that's where the plot divergence from the original begins.

Third person POV

It was one peaceful morning in Amity Park. And a quiet atop of that. Yet, the only thing that protected the neighbours from the extra noises were the soundproofed walls of the Fentons' household. The couple of ectologists had no dedication to spare in vain. The whole trip was their illegitimate offspring, and such characteristic came from the fact that the GIW took the charge of that plan, assigning the roles from that moment on. For now they took care of the bureaucratic matters, to make sure everything was sound on the legal side side of things. Leave wondering about the implications and the means of getting it to the others. Yet, the hunters were not the only ones who prepared. Those who were pretenders to such role were certainly not beating around the bush in the meantime.

During those two days Phantom was carefully planning. There was no room for failure. He had the advantage of this world being his absolute domain and it had to be exploited. Especially the mostly barren lands right near the gateway were the free roam. It was a precautionary measure to make everyone move out of there, by force if needed, because it was for their own good. His plan had several layers, and each was brought to life only for the most of them to perish immediately. In the desperate act to let go of his grudge and prevent the trip from happening at all, he even tried the legal measures. But everything seemed legit, even the governor's signature was there glaring at him from the list of paper. And it made the teen wonder just how far up the hand of the GIW could reach.

Hence, one of the plans went down the dumpster. Then came the attempt to discourage the parents from letting their children go there by sending the agents in disguise. Fortunately, most didn't even consider this option, clearly understanding that the Ghost Zone was no Luna Park in Coney Island. Some, however, could not be convinced. Be it the families of spoiled brats who held the reigns in their family and were, by chance, his huge fans, or the Mansons and the Foleys. In those cases it was too dangerous. He could, theoretically, do it. Go into their houses in his true form and put up a scene worthy of an incredible show. But it had to wait, for Phantom had accepted the reality that the trip was to happen, and even breaking the vehicle would not help. It would only make Fentons more eager and only postpone the inevitable.

Which in turn left the trip itself. Alright, so they would enter the Zone. What was their following course of action? They could not dedicate their entire time to hunting. It would antagonise the passengers, because they would not like being put at risk. This, along with Jack Fenton's tendency to blabber to no end about ghosts and his general obliviousness of directions, meant that they would go down one big line forward. With the Ghost Zone having no up or down, the direction of the flight was even more predictable. From that moment onward, they would be in his caring and watchful hands...If someone could see him in the moment of such gloating, the unkind gleam in his green eyes would have caught them off guard.

Jazz POV

It was...a questionable experience, in all honesty. See, Sam and Tucker spent last night at Fentons'. Namely they occupied the only spare room that was available. The one that used to belong to their friends. The very fact caused my blood to boil, which usually didn't happen. How dare they. But I didn't show it, because they might have become suspicious and that was last thing we needed. The tiny note of satisfaction was given to me upon learning that Sam preferred a couch in the living room. Don't know if it is because of Tucker or her guilt, but it made the situation all the more satisfying. To me, of course. And I was sure Danny would love to hear about his former interest.

But I digress. Danny had asked me to tag along with group so I could keep him updated about the situation. And in case I was discovered and my cover would be blown, I would be on the friendly territory, safe from whatever could happen.