003: Another One Bites the Dust

Beatrice Rose Jones was painting

Beatrice Rose Jones was painting. Bucky's departure put a hole in her heart and panting filled it up a little. Bee didn't know what she was painting, to her painting was like breathing. It happened naturally and she learned to go with the flow, letting the brush make magic on its own.

        Steve was at the doctor trying to get in the army. She will support him if he ever makes it but she will fear for his safety he is quite frail and weak in strength. He was lying on his form again, it brings her chills thinking about what would happen if the found out his lies.

        Bee felt like she was going to explode at times from all that's happening, panting is her coping strategy. So she continues painting her heart out with a smile on her face and a mending heart.

•••

      Steve slams the door shut and practically jumps into bees arms. He starts jumping up and down and doing a happy dance.

       "What's got you so happy" Bee questions with a dumb smile on her face, the joy of her soulmate brighting her day significantly.

        "I got in, I got in the war, I'm going to be a solider" Steve practically sequels.

      Bees smile fades for a second but quickly resurfaced. Of corse she is happy or him but she can't help but fear for his safety. She already awakes in a cold sweat thinking of all that can happen to Bucky, she doesn't know how she can handle the two people she loves most in the war.

       She pushes past her thoughts and fear for his sake. She puts on a large, bright smile for him. She brings him into a giant bear hug.

Steve explains how he will be put into a program to find a super Soldier which both eases and increase Bees fear. She is happy he won't be on the front lines but she worries about this project. It does not seem safe.

•••

The next week goes bye in a blur of dread for Bee

•••

It comes the day Steve has to leave. Bee puts on a mask for him. A mask of smiles. Maybe with them gone she will have more free time and be able to paint more bee thinks with hope.

Meanwhile Steve is bounding with excitement. A smile adoring his face. He can't wait to have his dream of being a soldier come true. He will finally be able to fight for his country and beliefs. He is oblivious to how fake Bees smile is or how there is no happy gleam in her eye.

Steve looks as if he cant wait to leave. They agreed to say goodbye at the door like they had with Bucky. The mood is much different then it was with Bucky though, when Bucky left everybody was sad it was a awful time but they were all on the same page.

Now with Steve he is so excited it's like he assumed Bee would be too. He doesn't realize he is leaving her all alone constantly worrying about them, he can only think about how his dream is finally coming too.

"OkILoveYouStaySafeBye" Steve rushes out. He then gives her a short hug and a peck on the cheek that Bee finds meaningless and leaves.

Bee is left in a conflicted haze, he was just exited for his dream to come true she convinced herself. She will now have a lot of free time the thinks whiz her lips in a thin line.

And Beatrice Rose Jones is left alone.

[Edited 04.27.2021]

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Hello there

Sorry this chapter is so short, I'm planning on posting another one right after this.This chapter was just to move things along. Thank you all for 200 reads it means a lot to me I appreciate you all and your Votes/comments make my day. 💛💛💛 Thank you to Leleslovelybooks  for making the amazing cover I absolutely LOVE it

Hope you all have a wonderful Day/night :)

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆