burn. | saimami

Heheh two Oneshots in one day! School was boring, so I'm writing all of these lol.

Rantaro has gone crazy and decided to burn everything.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuichi watched in horror. Everything was burning, the fire was spreading like crazy.

He watched his best friend, holding a lighter, walking towards him. Shuichi backed away slowly, until he couldn't.

Rantaro was.. smiling. A house collapsed, they both could hear the screams of people trying to escape the fire, but it slowly consumed them, and their cries of pain slowly died down. It was only the cackle of the fire that was rapidly spreading.

"W-What are you doing?! You- You just-"

"It feels so nice watching people suffer, don't you agree?" Rantaro said, looking at Shuichi.

Shuichi couldn't believe it, this was definitely not the Rantaro he knew. "W-What?! No! I don't agree! What happened to you?! The Rantaro that I knew! The Rantaro that always cared for people and the-"

"Don't bring that up. I've changed, okay? I don't want to be this innocent, kind person anymore. I want to harm people, listen to them screaming in pain, trying to grasp whatever is left of their life until it's gone. I could burn you right now, but I'm forcing myself not to." Rantaro said, holding the lighter close to Shuichi's face.

Shuichi gulped, trying to not let the fire bother him, "Then why aren't you burning me, huh? You already burned those people and took away their life, why aren't you doing the same to me then?" Shuichi asked. Rantaro made a noise, obviously annoyed with all these questions. "I'd rather not answer that, Mr. Detective. Now, you better scatter before I burn your pretty little face with this," He said, the lighter still in Shuichi's face.

Shuichi moved out of the way, but didn't seem to run away.

Rantaro looked at Shuichi, "Are you going to run or not?" Rantaro asked.

Shuichi looked at Rantaro, "..I know you won't burn me," He said. Rantaro looked shocked, "..What do you mean? Do you want me to burn your finger or something to prove it?" Rantaro said, half joking.

"Then prove it. I know you won't do it."

Rantaro rolled his eyes, grabbing Shuichi's wrist, holding the lighter near Shuichi's hand, but he didn't burn it.

He was hesitating.

Hesitating if he wanted to hurt his best friend.

Shuichi looked at Rantaro, their eyes meet.

"Rantaro.. please, tell me what happened to you.. you suddenly ignored all of us and burned down multiple neighborhoods.." Shuichi said, his eyes begging for an answer.

Rantaro was.. stunned. He was speechless. He didn't know what to say, too many stuff was running through his head.

"You can trust me.. I pinky promise."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
400 words