Lets Give My Own Spin

Hereford Base

Derek POV

You weren in your dorm at a desk writing on a piece of paper lyrics to a song you thinking of making.

Derek: "I won't let you drag me down (drag me down, drag me down)
you've turned me inside out (inside out, inside out)
I might bend, but I won't break.
I wont lay down, not this way.
I won't give up, without a fight.
Just when everything is going alright.
You keep telling me that I'm never gonna be. Oh, oh. I'm not listening, I won't believe lies. Not this time.
You're the voice in my head when I'm at my weakest. You're the ache in chest and I hate to feel this. Hey doubt, theres no doubt, I here to prove you wrong." Seems good so far.

You heard the door knock.

Derek: Come in!

The door opened to reveal Monika walking in.

IQ: Got a sec?

Derek: Sure whatsup.

IQ: You've been here for a couple months, kinda need to ask the big question.

Derek: What is it?

IQ: How come you guys never take off your masks?

Derek: Each of us had a part of our past destroyed. Some larger than others, so we just decided to be a force to be not messed with.

IQ: I gotta say, the anonymous look really gave you guys a reputation. Not just around base, I looked at your files. You guys have large bounties in 12 different countries.

Derek: *chuckles* Yea, we were given quite the reputation after Operation Doorkicker.

IQ: what happened during that op?

Derek: Had to go invade an Afghani stronghold. We couldn't send a large mass of soldiers due to a failed attempt that costed the lives of two squads. So operation doorkicker was put in place. Sent only my squad in since we had the best possibility of success with little casualties. They were right.

IQ: You had casualties? As in there were others in your squad?

Derek: Oh no, we need two casualties. Bulldog took a round to the shoulder while Robert got slashed with a piece of shrapnel.

IQ: Atleast it was a success.

Derek: Yea, we stormed at night, NATO cut the power and we raided the stronghold. We made them think we were a larger force than just six. Ended up leaving one of those bastards alive to run.

IQ: Why one?

Derek: A report the next day was made and the footsoldier stated that he thought there was a swarm of soldiers. Only to find out that the operation was done by only six men. He stated that he felt like he was fighting ghosts. One moment we'll shooting, the next we would be in a hold different spot and get the jump on a few of them. Cut them down like sheep. Thats when we found our first bounty on our heads.

IQ: Must be hard living a life with money over your head.

Derek: Thats the good thing about being anonymous and code names. If you can't identify the face, you can't identify the man. You can't figure out the name, you won't find who you need to find. *laughs*

IQ: Whats so funny?

Derek: oh nothing, just the next week after that. We had to assist a squad of marines in exfilling a location. They saw us and they went pale for a few seconds. Then they immediately ignored the squad and focused fire on us. They didn't even last a minute.

IQ: I'm gonna guess the bounty in Russia is from the attack at Washington?

Derek: Oh yea, we were a part of most of the defense operations. Real pain in their side. They really wanted us wiped out.