Chapter Eleven

Y/n ponders over the list of events she can recall from the anime. It's already been three years since she arrived in the 19th century. On top of that, she can't even say how long it's been since she actually watched the show. It's frustrating, but even after hours of hard thinking while cleaning the Joestar mansion, there are only a few plot points that she can remember.

First, the mask. It reacts to blood and helps solidify Dio's role as the villain, but she can't quite remember what it does exactly. It's connected to the rift between Dio and JoJo, so to be safe, she knows she needs to get rid of it. Destroying it will be risky, but she can at least steal and burry it where it can't be found. The only issue is that Y/n has to wait. If the mask suddenly disappears after they bring in a poor maid, they'll immediately know it was her. The moment she gets kicked out, Y/n chances of deterring the path of the anime will crumble. Before she can take any drastic measures, she needs to gain trust.

The second thing Y/n remembers is Erina. After she and JoJo start dating, Dio steals her first kiss resulting in yet another fight with JoJo. It's likely that this was the one of the unforgivable things that Dio did during their childhood, so it's another incident Y/n should try to prevent.

The third piece that Y/n recalls is the constant favoritism towards Dio. Y/n could easily see why JoJo lost his father's attention to his adopted brother, but it doesn't help either of the sons. Dio just grows more arrogant and JoJo is forced to live a harder life. Y/n will have to even the playing fields.

The final thing Y/n can recall is JoJo's dog, Danny. She only remembered him when he came running up to her when she first entered the manor grounds. In the anime, he died. If possible, she wants to help prevent it. But, he's a dog. Danny is vulnerable at any time and will be hard for her to protect, especially when she's not even sure that the plot can be changed. Y/n doesn't like it herself, but she's going to have to use him as a test when Dio first arrives.

In the anime, Dio jumps out of the carriage and attacks the dog in plain sight. All anyone would have to do to witness it is to glance out of the window at the right time. If Dio really does it, it will mean that nothing Y/n has done up to this point has been of any value. If he doesn't, then it will mean that things have already begun to change in her favor.

It's not much, but hopefully with her memories she'll be able to save him.

A knock sounds at Y/n's door. She's been given a small room in the basement to rest, a week's worth of uniforms, and even pretty clothes she's only ever seen on Taylor or through shop windows to wear on the weekends. For the past month since she's arrived, all of the people living in the house have been kind to her and make sure she gets more than enough to eat. Y/n almost feels bad to be on the receiving end of so much kindness, but she doesn't have it in her heart to turn them away. Y/n places down her pen and hides her paper in her desk. "Come in."

A smile finds Y/n's lips. When she first arrived, the boy in front of her profusely apologized as if her crawling on the ground and cutting her fingers was somehow his fault. He shouted his apology and shifted nervously, gripping his shirt as he waited her response. He looked like a regretful puppy waiting to be scolded. Even Danny's cuteness couldn't compare. It was clear that JoJo must've been really worried about it.  "You don't have to bring me cake every time you come to see me, y'know."

The blue haired boy avoids her eyes as he stands somewhat awkwardly in the doorway. "I thought you liked cake," he grumbles. Y/n thought that JoJo might come approach her as she's currently the only one his age in the mansion, but he's been doing so more than she would've thought. When she's not working and he's not running around outside, he typically finds her and forces her to eat some dessert and spend time with him.

"You're not doing this because you think I'm malnourished right?"

A light blush flares across JoJo's cheeks at Y/n's playful smile. She's been gaining more weight and is slowly returning to what must be her normal body shape. She looks healthier now. JoJo clears his throat and avoids the subject, all while still standing in the doorway. "My new brother, Dio, is going to be arriving tomorrow. Da- My father says he finished all of his classes at school. Do you want to come out to meet him with me?"

Y/n gratefully accepts the plate of dessert, but shakes her head with a smile. "Thanks, but I'll probably be on my shift at that time." The fork glides through the soft pastry and her mouth bursts with lemon and melty sweetness the moment it touches her tongue. Before coming to the Joestar mansion and since entering England, she only had dessert once — a stolen cookie for her birthday. "I'll probably see him in the mansion eventually though. Are you excited to meet him?"

"Of course! Aren't you?"

Y/n gives him another smile. It's almost motherly. Her lips are curved with care, but her eyes are filled with a hidden understanding. She nods her head. "I'm excited, too. But I'm also a little scared."

JoJo's carefree attitude slips and his shoulders square, his brows furrowing. Despite his bright expression and wide puppy like eyes, his body is already fairly toned. It's hard to imagine just how he will grow into a man in the future. "Scared? ...why?"

"Mmm," Y/n searches for the words as she takes care of the remaining bites in her plate. "The young master that will be arriving is becoming a part of the Joestar family because his father passed away. I just worry about if I will be able to support him properly."

She's holding another expression that JoJo can't quite understand, but it only pushes him want to make her smile even more. "Don't worry, Y/n! I'll do my best to make Dio feel at home!"

He points to himself proudly and although he is a little cheesy, it's not a bad thing to be so pure. Y/n laughs as she polishes off the rest of the cake. "I'm counting on you!"