s e v e n t y - t h r e e

Walk out

(verb)

: to leave suddenly often as an expression of disapproval
: to go on strike

°°°
Bool, Hanie and Enard is currently eating on our house, they just bought fries from potato corner, just around central mall. I guess they wanted to come here and have some chikahan after all research is finally done. I'm officially done with it as well as Willmark, there's just some slight polishing up and it will vanish before our very own eyes.

"Jamie, I'm telling you, we did three research! Three! Look at my hand, I'm already looking like a skeleton!" Bool complained at us, Hanie on the other hand measured Bool's wrist before nodding in confirmation.

"Hey!"

"Just checking if it's true!" She laughed before continuing. "I'm sick of numbers already, I don't think I'll be able to handle another research paper in college"

True.

"How are you and Willmark?" Enard asked and I turned to his direction with a smile and said.

"We're engaged"

"Bullshit"

I glared at Bool but he just raised his brows, I couldn't believe that it's been a few months since we've met each other. They do come and visit here but it was unlike when we were still in grade 10.

"Joke, were fine, how about you Hanie?"

She just smiled weakly after hearing my question. Last year she met a tall chinito guy and that scum and poor excuse of a guy just let her fall in love with him then proceeds to ignore her. That idiot boy whose balls aren't big enough to become a man dare to hurt my friend, tch. He thinks he's the most handsome, heh! My boyfriend's much handsome than him and is more gentle and kind!

"Don't think about him, we'll graduate soon and you won't see that guy anymore" I said having a bitter aftertaste after saying guy.

"Don't worry, I'm still here! Like he could go and talk to us after doing such an immature thing, duh?!" Bool retorted, thankfully, Bool is here as well as her friends to let her cope with this situation.

If I was in that situation, well, I don't know. I can say that I'll bust his head out and hate him for the rest of my life but who knows? I have Willmark already and he's such a perfect boyfriend, well not really perfect but I believe that he's a perfect fit for me. Though we occasionally quarrel and have some misunderstandings, I like that he's been patient and understanding about my straightforward personality.

"I'm fine, I'm moving on" she was finally able to give a genuine smile.

"That's great! That boy is a certified immature guy who thinks he can play with people's feelings just because he look somewhat decent and that he's tall and fair. Hmph! My bebe Willmark is much fairer and handsome than he is yet he's a kind gentleman!" Bool and Enard both nodded making me smile widely.

"That's right! He have a stick like figure, a moon crescent shape like face and caterpillar brows! He's not that handsome! He's not worth your tears!" Very well said Bool!

"I'm fine now, no need to badmouth him" she giggled and her face just uplifts into a bright shade of happiness.

"Group hug!" Enard shouted and we hugged each other like crazy, apparently Enard's sudden shout made Bimbi continuously barked at him.

Seriously, badmouthing and venting your anger on that scum guy is the best way for making your friend smile. I believe Hanie will meet a person that'll like her in the future, waiting can be tiring but at the end of the day, you'll see it's worth it.
...

I just arrived from church and immediately took of my shoes and change my clothes. Willmark should be here in thirty minutes, let's just sleep first.

I think thirty minutes have passed since my mother's familiar shout can be heard across the stairs. I yawned and stretched my arms before getting downstairs.

I feel like I'm cinderella and he's the prince charming, walking downstairs with an elegant blue dress as he watched me from afar with a fixated look.

"Thought you'll never wake up" mom suddenly butt in breaking the illusion I have in my head.

"Hehe, Willmark, you're here" I held his hand while he rubbed my head and look at me with gentle pampering.

"Oho! I think Willmark doesn't like to talk to me anymore after seeing my daughter, oho!"

"Mom" I turn to her direction and smiled innocently at her before saying. "We're going now"

The two of us just went to pantok, had some street food on the way and went inside central mall to sing in the ktv area. After a very long time of not having a date, our schedules have finally opened up and we're now free and chillax.

We returned back he before the sun sets and had some conversation about our religion. We shared our religious belief to each other and shared thoughts about the other since I'm a Christian and he's a Catholic.

"We don't use images and statue of saints in our church while yours do right?" I turned to him while playing with his fingers.

"Yep"

"I have a question" I said nonchalantly while he hum in response so I continued. "Why do you set fire on nazarenos like that's a bit weird isn't it? We don't even pray and devote ourselves to saints that were made of woods because they're not the lord themselves right?"

I could feel his body tensing and then his fingers left mine and he stood up suddenly. I didn't know what happened and the next thing I knew, he walked out.

Uh-oh, I think, no, he's angry.

I just sat there and waited for his head to calm down, it was just ten minutes but it was the longest ten minutes I have ever experienced. He came back though his face is a bit stern and serious, he came back.

He sat down and look at me straight before opening his lips.

"What you said offended me, I hope that you can try to think first before talking because it hurts me"

"Okay" I muttered like a buzzing mosquito.

Our quarrels always consist of my straight forward personality and that I always say what's on my mind never knowing that it hurts him.

"I'm sorry Willmark"

"It's okay, it's just our differences, what matters is that we will talk about it with caution to avoid getting hurt" I hug him tightly and burrow my head to his shoulders.

That night, we just held hands and didn't open our lips, we were thinking of our mistakes in the past and hoping that even though we would still be fighting, we would be calm and rational after.

Notes:

Potato Corner is a global Philippine food franchise known for its flavored French fries. Potato Corner's first kiosk opened up in SM Megamall on October 1992 in the Philippines under Cinco Corporation.
• The Black Nazarene is a life-sized image of a dark-skinned, kneeling Jesus Christ carrying the Cross enshrined in the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene in the Quiapo district of the City of Manila, Philippines.

***
Hello everyone! I hope you all have a great day! I'm just finishing my journal and I'm I think I'm halfway? I guess? Haha

Anyways! Stay safe and healthy as always okay?! Good luck on whatever you're doing and is about to do this week!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!