Elves?!

Unknown Forest
3rd person POV

The next day later Dave reports back his findings

"48 meters away from the river there is a large lake connected to the river with a waterfall, 67 meters away from the river the path leads to a small road in the forest. That is all I have to report, sir!" Dave tells Michael

"A road huh? I wonder what kind of people will there be? Will they be like us or just a bunch of crazy lunatics that try to kill us?" Rick asks

"Don't jinx it man..." James responds
"Usually in the novels, the worlds were in is similar to medieval Europe."

"Europe huh? Hmm... Robert, take Dave with you and follow the road to see what the natives will be like. Observe but do not make contact, take some MRE's with you just in case. Rick, you stay with James in the camp. I'm going to go get us some food by the lake." Michael immediately gives his orders.

""""Yes sir!""""

...
Lake in the Forest
Michael POV

I take a look at the map drawn by Dave and set out for the lake. I have with me my M4 and M9 with a Ka-Bar to skin the animal or in case of CQC.

I start to hear the loud splashing of a waterfall but as I grew closer I notice a beautiful figure with its legs in the water... a woman?

I immediately duck for cover and look through my scope to see if she's a potential hostile. I look at her face through the scope but... what is that... long pointy ears? What is she?

It seems the woman noticed me and started speaking in some unknown language as a glow comes out of and forms a magic circle on one of her hands while she uses the other to grab a blade from a bag on a rock near where she was sitting with her feet in the lake.

I get a bad feeling about that glow from her hands so when I see something coming out of the glowing circle I instantly jump to the side and...

'What the f@#%!?" Vines erupted from the magic circle and hits the tree behind where I was, breaking a chunk and putting a large dent in what remains of the tree trunk.

I aim my rifle at the girl and shoots but my bullets hit some sort of transparent wall that appeared out of nowhere and the woman who was dressed in a simple shirt, a leather tunic, and a skirt that stops right below her knees appears to my left and thrusts the knife at my side. By some god-given miracle she ended up hitting my Ka-Bar combat knife and it stopped the knife before it could pierce my skin.

"A human? This deep in the forest? Impossible... not to mention your attire and weapons are strange... I must tell the village chief about this." The woman whispers to herself.

The woman takes her blade and tries to stab my chest but I use my rifle to block the attack, I then grab my M9 and fire shots at the unknown woman. Three shots fired, one shot misses, the other two hits the transparent shield but the last shot breaks the shield, leaving the woman distracted.

I use this chance to kick the woman but she crosses her arms around her chest and takes the attack head-on. Bad idea. She gets launched 2 meters away into a tree and when I see she was about to use the same attack with the vines I pick up my rifle and make a run for it.

As I make my way back to camp I start to think 'What was that?! Vines coming out of nowhere? A transparent shield? And most importantly those ears... those long, pointy ears... was this what James calls an elf?'