Raiders

Campsite
3rd POV

Everyone meets at the camp while Michael is covered in dust and dirt.
Robert looks at him weirdly and asks "What happened to you?". Michael tells them to sit down so he can explain what happened by the lake then Robert reads all their observations of the natives.

"It's elves!" James's screams make everyone look at him strangely.

"So what are elves?" Rick asks

"Elves are humans but with better magic, physical abilities, knowledge, and a much longer life span. Humans are still the better race though..." James explains.

"So basically humans 2.0?" Michael asks

"Well if they're so much better why aren't they the dominant species?" Robert asks this time.

James pauses for a bit and says "Well it's because of their population. Elves have a harder time getting pregnant than humans, plus their isolated nature causes them to mostly be found in small villages. Because of these features, they are the prime targets for slave trade though..."

"""Slave trade?"""

"Yes... if this is like my novels then slavery exists in this world."

"Damn..." Michael suddenly thinks about what kind of horrible things slaves are subjected to and gets visibly pissed.

Dave was keeping watch while they were having their conversation. Suddenly an arrow shoots through the forest and goes through Dave's neck killing him.

"Dave!"

"F@%#!"

"Enemy attack!"

"Contact!"

Everyone screams getting their guns ready as multiple bandits dressed either in leather tunics or chainmail armor rushes out of the woods.

"Open fire!" Michael screams to everybody.

A hail of bullets makes its way to the bandits, cutting through their armor like paper.

One of the bandits with what looks to be a wand of sorts conjures a transparent wall with light blue edges blocking the bullets for a moment.

As the bullets fail to pierce through the barrier Rick grabs a grenade "Frag out!" and throws it over the barrier and the m67 frag grenade kills the magician and those unfortunate enough to be near.

The bandits realize that they bit off more than they can chew and retreat into the woods.

The group however plans on taking them down to make sure they don't come back with a larger force.

They follow and kill the bandits to the last man and the last bandit starts pleading for his life. "P-please don't kill me! It was the raiders, they told us to get as many people for slaves a-and they'd give us money!"

'Raiders?' Everyone got interested in this new foe and thought about getting info from the last bandit.

Michael steos up and asks who the raiders are

"T-they're the Count's forces t-to gather slaves s-so he can sell them... the c-count gets most of his money from slave trades..." the bandit started cursing at his leader for accepting the job thinking about how the count never keeps his word and only cares about money.

"Ho? Then why did you team up with these raiders?" Michael asks with an imposing tone

"T-they said that we would b-be rewarded depending on how many s-slaves we got..." the bandit replies

A scream and the sounds of metal clashing quickly gain their attention as they realize that was the direction the village was.

The bandit realizing the raiders were nearby grabs a dagger and tries to kill Michael.

"Michael!"

"Shit!"

"Look out!"

Rick raises his rifle and shoots the bandit dead.

Michael realized he wasn't hurt quickly tells his team to head towards the village.

They all run towards the village to be greeted with a horrible sight...