Meredith/Mark, Addison Walks In 2

Author's note:

Had enough of me, yet?

bobbiejelly

Meredith/Mark, Addison Walks In 2

Exactly as it sounds. Rated E for Explicit. F/M & F/F.

"Addison..." says Mark, all pained and forlorn, as if he's broken what he and the redhead had had in that very moment, and not long before- years before- with that random woman back at the Brownstone.

"What, is this what I get? Watching your revenge sex so I'll somehow know just what I'm missing and fall into bed with you again? Mark, this is why I could never settle down with you because I just can't follow your logic," Addison sighs, and Mark shifts to put his pants back on, and sit down on the on-call room mattress.

"Umm- so, ah, I'm just gonna go-" says Meredith, blushing as she meets Addison's gaze, realizing that this is the first time her ex-boyfriend's ex-wife has ever seen her half-naked, and it's while she was with her ex-mistress, and if there was ever some sort of joke there about being a part of the 'dirty mistresses' club,' it had certainly been already lost in the shuffle.

"Meredith..." Addison says softly... Tenderly? And somehow in understanding.

"I'm sorry..." Meredith says quietly, wondering if this time she's hurt her more than prom, more than having to meet her in the hospital lobby with her then-husband, more than ever having been born.

"It's okay, Meredith..." Addison chuckles at the pure irony of the situation.

"It's okay!?" Meredith exclaims at her, now facing away at the now fully-dressed Mark, and facing forward to the of course, fully-dressed Addison.

"Well, I mean, no. But it would be hypocritical for me to say anything otherwise, now wouldn't it?" Addison quips at her.

I mean, it would.

But that's not what Meredith is going to say out loud to her boss now.

So instead, she just blinks at her once, then twice, then three times before she starts squinting at Addison and then starts laughing herself at how they always seem to manage to find themselves in the most unbelievable situations.

"Well, I already said that Derek and I, we always did have the same taste in women," Mark sighs pathetically as he lies himself back on the bunk bed and stares off into the distance.

"You did, and you do," Addison quips.

"Right..." Meredith sighs, uncomfortably. "I'm not sure- was that even supposed to be a compliment?" Meredith inquires.

"Yes," Mark answers too quickly.

"It is," says Addison. And after all of this, that last statement, for Meredith, is by far the most surprising.

"Wait what?" Says Meredith, squinting at the woman whose ex-husband and whose ex-dirty-mister she's both now fucked in front of her very eyes.

"It's a compliment. That's what you were asking, right?" Addison says easily.

"Huh?" Says Meredith.

"Dude, she's saying you're attractive. Is that so hard for you to understand, Grey?" Mark says gruffly.

"What, but- whoa- wait- why?" Meredith asks Mark while flailing her arms in the air. Mark shrugs and grunts before rolling over in the bed again so now he's face down and not looking at either of them, and rolls his eyes as he waits for Dr. Grey to finally figure it out.

"Look, Meredith, I'm sorry it's come to this. Mark and I... We should have been done long ago... You shouldn't have been put in the middle of this..." Addison offers.

"Wait, what the hell, Addison!? I just slept with your ex-boyfriend, after I slept with your ex-husband, and now you're the one apologizing? And after complimenting me also!?"

"What can I say, Grey?" Addison sighs.

"You're an enigma," Mark pipes in, and Addison frowns at him.

"Get out Mark. Get out. Now," Addison says in her Attending Physician voice that Mark knows so well from when he's previously wronged her. He doesn't need to be asked twice, and as he leaves this time, Mark gives Addison one last longing look before he says goodbye. And he gives Meredith one last smirk before patting her once on the shoulder, and mouthing 'enjoy,' at her, before closing the door and locking it right behind him, leaving the ex-wife and the ex-mistress to do with their lives as they will.

***** END OF CHAPTER 2

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, folks!

bobbiejelly