Chapter one

LEAD-IN

AFTER THE CLUB

              Hennessey's POV

"I've told you Ruby, i don't have intentions of making that work right now". I told my bestie Ruby rys who couldn't let me rest on an issue.

"But why, I mean you told me you felt something, so why not make a move yunno, i get it's odd and all buh you seem a bit tensed about the little encounter". she said.
"Btw, you personally told me that he's kinda cute". she stated, like I committed a crime by saying 'cute'.
"and you bestie" she emphasised by grabbing my shoulders, "hardly ever calls anyone cute, more or less managble".

"Ruby!!" I called her name with exasperation written all over me.

" what? , I'm just saying "she shrugged.

Rolling my eyes at her plain honesty and giving in to the truth.

" Okayy, I get it, I hardly ever call anyone cute, or handsome buh you've gat eyes girlfriend, it's obvious, I mean"......

before I knew it, I was in dreamyland,
"those fierce soul-melting green eyes, the perfect black haiirr!, the bod!, The height, sheesh".

I kept lamenting, not knowing she was watching me with amusement in her annoying pretty hazel eyes, and when I noticed, I cursed myself inwards and came back to reality.

" What?" I questioned her with strained eyes.

"cheesy much" she rolled her eyes and answered.
"sweetie can you picture yourself right now?, damn gurl your in loveeee" she stressed out and laughed hard while walking away to get something.

I mimicked her, "I'm not in loveee Ruby, don't make me kill yah huh?".

Going back to the book I was reading in my room, I was just wondering if what the crazy-head said is true, before I could think of anything else.......

Hennessyyyy!!!
I heard my name being called.

"You very much know I hate it when you scream my name like that" I groaned.
" What Ruby, what?" I answered.

you have got to see this!
she squealed from the far end of the staircase leading to my room first.

" Arrrggghh! , what?, what needs my attention rubs, what?."

"Woaahhh!".
I freaked when she dragged me to her side in my spacious living room.

I lived in my apartment on my own, in my street that was not so far from Ruby's , she still lived with her parents, Aunt Lilian and uncle Tony rys, not that I was complaining.
They were like my second parents, though mine were still very much alive.
Aunt Lili, like I loved to call her is a doctor, and she works at the hospital not far away from my street and uncle Tony on the other hand, is a businessman who happens to be the CEO of OX architects. He's a well known architect here in America and some other countries.
And then there's Ruby...

Sometimes you'd imagine how her way of life or her character is so contrasting to both her parents. In a good way though, cos I mean she's my bestie, the girls just so hyper in some situations and it makes me wonder how a human can be such a power House.
Ruby literally knew basically everyone back then in college through different connections and intertwined friendships, both those she had made acquaintance with and occasions related friendship.
One hell of a human my closest bitch is.

"Rubyy! why would you do that huh?, What's so important that you choose to drag me".
I emphasised, gesturing at myself.

But she continued looking in another direction for some reason and when she kept quiet all this while I had no option but to look in the direction she was facing.
I squinted my eyes in the direction of hers, and met a familiar set of green eyes...

"Shit!"
"damn!".
We both said respectively,

I gave her a 'what the hell' look for what she said. "shut-up Ruby will ya?".

A/n
So how was the first chapter guys?? Though this was just a lead-in to the book cos I didn't really know how to make it all fit in....kind of.
I know it's short and crappy and all, buh I'd love some patience. Just wanna thank y'all for choosing to read my book yunno, it means a lot to me, I love each and every one of you, pls vote and comment, I'd love to read alll of them and interact.

Lyssm
Bunnie💜