Part five

You walk giggling out of the carriage with Daphne and are filled with glee. You make your way to the common room and are about to change into your night clothes when you remember that you've forgotten your bag in the carriage, so you leave Daphne and quickly run after it. But you are too late and the carriage has already rode off. You sit down on one of the cold rocks of the castle and focus on your breathing and relaxing your body. It has been one hell of a day and you can feel yourself get flustered every time you think back on your little encounter with Professor Riddle. In the dark sky you see your family owl racing towards you. It gives you letter from your parents. In confusion you open the letter and read: "Dear Ervena, we are writing to you with very bad news. As you know nana has been very sick but today she has sadly passed away. We are sad to inform you about nana in this way and sad about you not being here right now, but life goes on and nana will rest in great peace, love mother and father ". You can feel your stomach twist and your throat fill up with heavy rocks. Mother and father didn't always have time for you but nana always did. Your eyes fill up with tears and you get a small headache. Aside from sadness you feel angry and frustrated you weren't there when she passed. You feel guilty and stupid for having such a fun and reckless time when she wasn't feeling well. It's very late at night, the moon, stars and silence comforts you. She always said: "The star that is shining the brightest is a new angel who's recently entered heaven." So the little beaming star in the black sky makes you feel like some part of her is still here with you. You stare at it and say: "I love you nana, I always have and I always will", in long intervals trying to catch your breath with each word. You can't get your crying to stop and don't have the energy to walk over the dormitory. You rest your head on the cold stone and cry yourself to sleep.

You can feel strong and warm hands picking you up and laying you on a very comfortable couch. You open your eyes to see Professor Riddle. He has his arms wrapped around you. You try very hard to get out of his embrace and hold your tears in but he won't let go and soon you stop trying. The tears start streaming down your tightened face. He runs his hands through your hair and you can hear his heart beat while laying on his chest. "Sh.. sh.. she.." you say, trying anxiously to explain the situation to him but the words won't come out. He picks your head up, staring you deeply in to your eyes and says: "You don't need to explain anything" followed by a faint reassuring smile and kiss on the head, before putting your head back on his chest. He holds you until you fall asleep.

You wake up not knowing where you are but soon remember everything that happened yesterday. The wave of emotions you felt last night comes rushing back to you. You try very hard not to cry and get up. You realize you aren't in the dress you wore last night and you instantly freeze. Thoughts are flying through your head and you feel like throwing up. Did.. did he- you can't even get yourself to finish the sentence. Fuck. He did didn't he? You look over at the clock and see that you will be late for class if you don't rush out now. Without giving it another thought you quickly rush to the door, but he quickly comes out and blocks the door. With full speed you run into his chest and lose your balance but he grabs you before you can stumble. You wipe his hands off of you. The thought of what he must've done last night when you were at your lowest scares you. Without looking him in the eyes you say: "My class is in five-" but is  quickly interrupted by him. "You have the whole day off" , "that's not up to you to decide", "Ervena darling, you need a day off and that's the end of this discussion" . You are still not looking at him so he gently presses his soft hand on your chin forcing you to look at him. You can feel your mouth dry out, your throat hurting and still don't want to look at him. You feel disgusted by wearing his clothes and being in his chamber right know. "Did you..?" You say with a tiny tremble in your voice. "Did I what?" He asks. You can't even get yourself to spit the words out. He raises his eyebrows as he realizes."Ervena no, I would never!" He stares you in the eyes but this time you stare back with a little water in your eyes. "Did you- did you really think that?" He asks in cold and dark voice. You don't answer. He storms out of the room leaving you alone.