Chapter One ✔

Chapter One: The Chaotic Trio

It was a peaceful morning, well, at least it would be for the next 5 minutes.

On the third chime of the clock, a now 11-year-old Y/N Weasley jumps out of her bed and quickly changes. She smiles at the sleeping figure of her little sister Ginny before slipping out of their shared room, closing the door behind her softly. She tiptoes over to her brothers Fred and George's room. George opens the door by the second knock, looking both ways down the hall before grabbing Y/N and pulling her into the room.

"Bloody hell, George! It was just me!", she snaps.

"Percy's up, Y/N", says Fred from his bed, "I heard him shuffling in his room." Y/N rolls her eyes causing her brothers to look at her. 

"As if Percy would yell at me", Y/N says rather crossly, "Percy loves me!" The twins nod, muttering 'true' as Y/N pulls at the loose floorboard in between their beds. She grins as she tosses it aside and looks at their pranking supplies. 

"Now, what should we use?"

"We could use a Nose-Biting Teacup on Percy", suggests George. 

"We did that last week", Fred protests. Y/N shuffles through their stuff before pulling out a bag of Dungbombs. 

"We could put one of these under everyone's chair and wire them with a trick wire", says Y/N, "One of us can 'accidentally' trip over it and set them off and we could also wire some buckets of water balloons for more fun" Fred and George cheer in agreement, high-fiving each other over their little apprentice's head. The three grab the rest of the things they need before opening the door. Fred sticks his head out looking around. He waves at the other two once he was sure the coast was clear. The three siblings make their way downstairs. George grabs Y/N as Fred tackles them out of view of their father and oldest brother. 

"That was close", says George, earning a hum of agreement from Fred. 

"Yeah it was, but if you two don't get off of me in the next 10 seconds, I will shove you down the rest of the stairs", Y/N snaps, "And mind you, there's one flight of stairs left!" The twins jump up quickly and Fred pulls their sister up. The three race down the last staircase, narrowly dodging their mother, and coming to a stop at the kitchen table. 

"Alright, Fred and George set up the Dungbombs", commands Y/N, "I'll work on the wiring."  The twins salute her before grabbing the bag that contained said bombs. Y/N smirks and starts uncoiling the wire. Footsteps rush towards them and Y/N quickly hands the wires to George. She stands up and smooths her skirt before walking towards the stairs. 

"Morning Ron." 

"Good morning, Y/N", Ron smiles, ruffling his twin's hair. 

"What are you doing up? You're not usually up this early." Ron smiles sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I forgot to eat my midnight snack, so I'm starving", says Ron. He moves towards the table but Y/N quickly stops him. 

"You can have the treacle tart the twins and I were saving", she says, shoving him towards the refrigerator. Ron beams and rushes off. 

"Our treacle tart?! Really?!", Fred groans as Y/N rips the wires out of George's hand. 

"Hey, it was either the tart or getting busted!", Y/N whispers. Both of her older brothers groan as she finishes setting up the tripwire and not a moment too soon, as their mother comes into their view. 

"Breakfast is ready!", Mrs. Weasley hollers. Footsteps rush down the stairs as the three siblings stand up and make it seem they were coming from the living room. The three of them share a smirk as they sit down at the table with the rest of their siblings and father. Mrs. Weasley walks in from the kitchen trying to balance the trays of food. 

"Let me help, Mum", Y/N says, getting up and sending a wink at the twins. The boys' smirks grow as Y/N takes one of the trays from her mother. A loud shriek catches the family's attention. Their owl Errol flies towards them with mail, promptly tripping. 

"Errol no!", the twins and Y/N shout. The poor owl hits the trigger wire and the twins jump up to take cover as Y/N grabs their mother pulling her back. The Dungbombs go off and soon after three buckets tilt over, promptly dumping water balloons over the table. Fred, George, and Y/N laugh as Mrs. Weasley watches in horror.

"FRED! GEORGE! Y/N!", their siblings and father shout.  George picks up Errol as the twins smile and sit down as Mr. Weasley waves his wand, cleaning up the aftermath of their prank.  

"I knew I should have checked on you!", their mother says, "You three are always up to something!" Mrs. Weasley smacks the back of Y/N's head as the two of them bring the food to the table. 

"Ouch Mum! A little mischief never hurt anybody", says Y/N who rubs the back of her head. Mrs. Weasley gives her a halfhearted glare as Y/N takes her seat in between George and Fred. 

"I'm definitely not going to miss your little pranks when I go to Egypt", Bill comments. The three pranksters look at their oldest brother offended. 

"That's not very nice Billiam." Bill glares at the nickname as the twins snicker. 

"I think I'm going to miss their pranks the most when I go to Romania", Charlie says, "It's going to be so quiet without the Chaotic Trio." Charlie smiles back at his younger siblings as Bill playfully shoves him. Fred plucks the mail out of the owl's beak, having suddenly remembered the owl that was in his brother's lap. He passes the mail to his father. Mr. Weasley hands the twins and Percy each a letter. He beams as he passes the last two letters to Y/N and Ron. Y/N glances at the letter address:

Miss F/I Weasley

The Bedroom overlooking the Orchard

The Burrow

Ottery St Catchpole

Devon

The twins (Ron and Y/N) look at each other beaming and immediately rip the envelopes open. 

"Dear Miss Weasley, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry", Y/N reads, "Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress." Fred and George snicker as their little sister carefully folds the letter back up. 

"Merlin, Y/N", George says, "You didn't have to read it! We've all gotten it before." Y/N glares at him as their siblings laugh. 

"Sod off George!", she snaps, "Excuse me for being excited!" Fred and George both roll their eyes and Fred reaches for the bacon. He places four pieces on his, Y/N, and George's plates. 

"I mean all three of you should be excited", Ron says through a mouthful of eggs, "Think of all the pranks you're gonna pull at Hogwarts now that all three members of the Chaotic Trio are officially attending." 

"Ron! Don't give them ideas!", Percy snaps. Fred, George, and Y/N all look at each other with wide smirks. 

"Too late! We already have a notebook of pranks ready!"