Chapter Three

Chapter Three: The Wand

"There you are!", Bill says as Y/N approaches them. 

"What took you so long?", asks Charlie. Y/N looks at Fred and George who gulp, knowing that she was going to rat them out. 

"I went into Quality Quidditch Supplies", Y/N replies, causing Fred and George to sigh in relief, "I guess I didn't realize I left by myself."

"Y/N, you know you're supposed to stick with Fred and George!", scolds Bill. He smacks the back of her head as she glares at the twins. Bill and Charlie open the door to Ollivanders and walk in, Y/N and the twins hang back. 

"Thanks for not snitching on us", says George. 

"Yeah, who knows what Bill would have done to us?", Fred adds. Y/N gives them a bored look. 

"Bill would have been a love feast compared to Mum", she says, "Now, you two idiots owe me sugar quills." The twins groan as Y/N pushes past them into the store. 

"Ahh, Miss Weasley, I've been expecting you", Mr. Ollivander says. A gush of wind blows ringing the bell above the door. Fred and George shiver, giving each other as Bill and Charlie back up to the door. Y/N looks at them confused before Mr. Ollivander presents her with a wand. 

"Willow, Phoenix tail feather, 11 inches." Y/N looks at the wand curiously before giving it a wave causing a vase to shatter. 

"Oh shit", she mumbles, quickly putting the wand down on the counter. 

"Not quite." Ollivander wanders deeper into the shelves before pulling out three other wands. 

"Vine, Dragon heartstring, 13 inches", Ollivander says, handing her the wand. Y/N waves it and four wand boxes fly off the shelves. Bill and Charlie duck but Fred and George are not as lucky. Each twin takes two wand boxes to the face causing Y/N to wince. Ollivander shakes his head, snatching the wand from the girl before handing Y/N the second wand. 

"Sycamore, Thresal tail hair, 12 1/2 inches." Y/N waves the wand and a chair flies across the room and knocks Charlie down. 

"Ouch!", Charlie groans. Y/N hands Ollivander the wand back and gives him a small smile. Ollivander ponders for a moment, looking at the box of the third wand, before sliding the wand out of the box. He looks at it for a moment before handing the wand to Y/N. 

"Elder, Phoenix feather, 13 inches", Ollivander whispers. Y/N take the wand. She felt a sudden warmth in her fingers. She raises the wand above her head, brings it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls. 

"That's our sister!", Fred and George yell as Bill and Charlie whoop. 

"Oh, bravo! Yes, indeed, oh, very good", Ollivander says, taking the wand from Y/N and putting it in a box, "Well, well, well... how curious... how very curious... "

"Sorry, but what's curious?", Y/N asks, as Ollivander wraps the wand in brown paper. 

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Ms. Weasley. Every single wand. It so happens that this wand has a very interesting story behind it", the older man says. She looks at him intrigued and her brothers stand straighter. 

"Can you tell us?", Y/N asks. Ollivander finishes wrapping the wand and places it in front of her. 

"You will find out in time, Ms. Weasley." He pushes it towards her, Bill and Charlie step forward reaching into their pockets. Bill and Charlie split the cost of the wand (7 galleons), and Mr. Ollivander bowed them from his shop. The five siblings exit the store and start towards Flourish and Botts. 

"What story could be behind that wand?", Bill asks as Y/N carefully unwraps the box. They enter the book shop and make their way to their mother and sister. 

"How did it go?", Mrs. Weasley asks as her oldest daughter walks up. Y/N holds up the wand box before pulling out her wand. She hands the box to her mother and holds up the wand. Her sister and twin brother look at it in awe. The wand its self was an unusual color; a deep maroon color with gold engravements on it.  The engravements were different constellations (Leo being the biggest) and right in the middle was something written in ancient runes.

"What does that mean?", questions Ginny. Y/N looks at the runes and could somehow understand what it said. 

"Audax et audaces", Y/N mumbles. 

"That means courageous and daring in Latin", Percy translates. Molly and Arthur watch Y/N in amazement. How could their daughter be able to read runes? 

Y/N tugs the box out of her mother's hands, slipping the wand back into the box, and tucking it into her mother's handbag. Bill watches Y/N for a moment. That wand seemed familiar like he had seen it before. The fact that it was made of Elder wood was slightly alarming to him. It was made of the same wood as one of the world's most powerful wands. Ollivander told them that wand had an interesting story behind it and he was determined to find out what it was. After all, Y/N was his little sister. If that wand meant danger, he would destroy it before Y/N got hurt. 

~~~~~~~~

"That's some wand you got there", Ron says, as he and Y/N climb up their favorite tree. Y/N swings her legs back and forth as Ron sits down on the branch with her. 

"I know", Y/N says, "Elder wood." 

"You're lucky, I'm stuck with Charlie's old wand", Ron grumbles. Y/N glances at Ron and reaches into her skirt pocket. She pulls out the little coin bag and shows it to Ron. Ron reaches for it and takes it. 

"Where did you get this?", asks Ron. His eyes widened as he takes in the contents of the bag. 

"Don't tell anyone", says Y/N, "Twin promise?" Ron looks at the bag and then back at his sister. She holds out her pinky with a serious face. 

"Twin promise", Ron says, shaking her pinky. She sighs and looks at the setting sun. 

"Draco Malfoy gave it to me." Ron's jaw drops and for the first time, he notices the initials embellished into the bag; D.L.M.

"Why would you take money from Malfoy?!", Ron spats. 

"He gave it to me", Y/N says, "As an apology for his father's actions." She snatches the coin bag from Ron, shoving it back into her pocket. 

"He's a Malfoy, Y/N", Ron yells, "How do you know he didn't give it to you because he pitied you?" 

"I don't think he's like that." 

"All Malfoys are like that!" Y/N jumps off the branch and lands on her feet and glares up at Ron.

"Maybe he's not like other Malfoys!", Y/N snaps, before running back to the house, leaving a fuming Ron behind.