Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Hogwarts, Here We Come!

Y/N didn't speak to Ron for the rest of the summer, which was the longest they had gone without talking (it was only three days). Ron did keep his twin promise even though he didn't want to. Y/N saw his efforts every time their father asked Ron if something was bothering him. It was obvious that it was but Y/N didn't really care. It wasn't her problem that he couldn't comprehend that not all Malfoys were mean. 

"Y/N, WAKE UP!!", yells Ginny, "YOU'RE GOING TO HOGWARTS!!" Y/N groans as the smaller girl shakes her violently. 

"Five more minutes", Y/N mumbles, pulling her covers over her head. Ginny huffs and shakes her head. 

"I didn't want to resort to this", she says. Ice cold water drenches Y/N. Her normally wavy red hair is now straight and sticking to her face. Y/N gasps, bolting upright, and glares at her younger sister. Ginny stifles a laugh as Y/N throws the covers off the bed. 

"You little git!", mutters Y/N, standing up and stretching. She glares at Ginny before heading to their closet, looking through her side. She pulls out a pair of short overalls with paint splattered all over them, a white t-shirt, and a worn pair of white converse with splattered paint. Y/N quickly changes and ties her hair up in a high ponytail.

"I wouldn't have to wake you up if you went to bed early!", Ginny snaps, as Y/N grabs a few pairs of shoes and shoves them into her trunk. 

"Well, where's the fun in that?", grumbles Y/N, "Fred, George, and I have tricks up our sleeves."  Ginny rolls her eyes and shoves some jeans into her older sister's trunk. Y/N flashes her a grateful smile and shuts the trunk. 

"BREAKFAST IS READY!!", their mother hollers up the stairs. Ginny and Y/N grin at each other and rush out the door, beating all four of their remaining brothers to the table.  Mrs. Weasley chuckles as both her girls stack their plates with bacon. Fred and George come barreling down the stairs as both girls wolf down their breakfast. Fred and George slide into their seats next to Y/N. 

"Bloody hell!", says Fred.

"You're animals!", George mutters, brushing food crumbs off his side of the table. Their sisters glare at them and Y/N kicks George under the table. He winces, pouting as he grabs a piece of toast. Y/N passes him the butter as Ron eagerly plops down in his seat. He hungrily grabs every bit of food that was within his reach. Mr. Weasley sits down and peels open his paper. 

"You two excited?", he asks, peering over his paper at Y/N and Ron. 

"Yeah", the twins chorus as they butter up their toast. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley share a look as they both serve themselves breakfast. Y/N sighs dramatically, leaning back on her chair slightly. 

"What is it?", asks Fred, watching his sister curiously from the corner of his eye. Y/N shakes her head, waving him off. 

"Come on, Y/N", George says, "What's on your mind?" Y/N signals for them to come closer and they both lean in towards her. 

"We're going to try to find out the story behind my wand", whispers Y/N, "and I have the perfect prank for the Great Hall tomorrow." The twins nod eagerly as Percy looks at the Chaotic Trio suspiciously. 

"What are you three up to?", asks Percy. The three siblings look at their older brother with the most innocent look they could muster. 

"Nothing", they say. Percy rolls his eyes in a disbelieving way as Mr. Weasley chuckles. The two sets of twins and Ginny get up and dump their dishes in the sink. 

"Go get your trunks!", Mrs. Weasley call after them as they head for the stairs. 

"Yes, Mum." 

~~~~~~~~

"Where's Y/N?", Mrs. Weasley asks, looking around at her children. Percy, Ginny, and the twins shrug. Everyone turns to look at Ron who shifts slightly under his family's gazes. 

"I don't know", he says, looking down at his shoes. In reality, Ron knew his twin sister was frantically looking for Malfoy's coin pouch. Why she cared so much about returning it, he didn't know or care for that matter. As far as he was concerned, Draco Lucius Malfoy was an asshole who would break his sister's heart without a second thought. Footsteps snap him out of his thoughts as Y/N appears at the bottom of the stairs. 

"What took you so long?", questions Percy, as Y/N hides something behind her back. Ron scoffs as he catches sight of the little dark green bag. Y/N catches him staring causing her to glare at him and hastily shove the bag into her pocket. 

"I had to find my other blue converse", Y/N lies, as their father counts their trunks. 

"Alright, ready to go?", Mr. Weasley asks. Fred and George link their arms through Y/N's as everyone nods. 

"Hogwarts, here we come!", the Chaotic Trio shouts together, as they walk out of the house.