Bonus Chapter: Next Christmas

Last chapter!! Finally!!

Although, I'll be honest, I'm kind of considering writing another fic in this verse? And one where the Supernatural characters will be in it a bit more, as I intend on having Lori and Sam together in this verse.

Would anyone want another fic in this verse at some point? Because I really want to get back into writing Big Wolf fic. And honestly, as far as I can tell, there's like, no omegaverse Big Wolf fic and that needs to change. Well, there just needs to be more Big Wolf fic in general, tbh.

Anyway, enjoy!!

~ Candy

//\\//\\

"Be careful, Tommy." Merton says, watching as Tommy stands on a chair to hang up the last of the Christmas decorations on the wall in the living room.

He doesn't want Tommy to end up hurting himself, not when he can't exactly take him to the hospital without anyone figuring out what he is. You can't exactly take your idiot fiancé who isn't quite human to the hospital after he hurts himself by stupidly choosing to stand on a damn swivel chair to staple stuff to the wall and not expect the doctors and nurses to not notice something off about his blood work. Merton should know. He himself has tested Tommy's blood before, and it's not entirely human.

"I'm not gonna hurt myself." Tommy says, looking over his shoulder at Merton, who's watching him closely as he holds their almost five month old son, Malcolm, in his arms.

Their five month old son who fortunately hasn't inherited any of his werewolf genes. As far as they both can tell at least.... But so far there isn't any sign that he has. Of course, it might show up later when he's older, but hopefully by then they'll have figured out a way to prevent it entirely.

Merton is still trying to figure out a way to stop it. He's found a few things that might help, including mixing wolfsbane into his food, and he's been talking more with some local occultists about it, trying to find out if they know of anything. He's even enlisted the help of Rowena, his boss at the bookshop.

And Rowena has been very helpful and understanding of everything. She didn't even bat an eye when she found out that Tommy is a werewolf. Probably because she adores both him and Tommy, and she's practically obsessed with Malcolm. She was one of the first people to visit him at the hospital after Malcolm was born, and she's basically taken on the role of Malcolm's grandmother (because as it turns out, despite her only looking to be in her thirties, it turns out that Rowena is a three hundred year old witch).

Truthfully, if they don't end up finding anything that works, and their son ends up being a werewolf when he's older, Tommy thinks that they'll be able to figure something out. He can easily teach their son to be good. And who knows, maybe since he's born from a human and a werewolf he'll be good. And maybe the antibodies in Merton's bloodstream will end up helping after all.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, and they might not have anything to worry about at all, and their son is completely human. Which does seem to be the case right now. Merton has done a couple tests on their son (albeit reluctantly), and there doesn't appear to be anything abnormal with his blood work, all completely human blood cells.

"Besides, even if I do, I heal fast." Tommy adds. "Perks of being a werewolf."

Yes, that's true and is a good thing, but still....

"Even so, be careful." Merton says. "You know I can't take you to the hospital if you break anything."

Well, he probably could, but there would be questions. Questions neither of them want to answer. So it's just better for them all if Tommy doesn't be an idiot and breaks something. Because Merton certainly doesn't want to test anything out or risk anything if Tommy hurts himself really badly and he has no choice but to take him to the hospital. Certainly not this close to Christmas....

"When's Lori and Sam getting here?" Tommy asks, completely changing the subject. "And is Cas and Dean still coming too?"

"Soon, I think." Merton says, eyes narrowed a little as he watches Tommy jump off the swivel chair, thankfully not tripping and falling... this time.... "And Cas and Dean are coming with Jack. Rowena said she'll be over, too."

He's looking forward to them all coming over for a little Christmas get together, and it'll be nice for Malcolm to have a little playdate with Castiel and Dean's son, Jack.

And well, it's always nice to hang out with people where they don't have to hide what Tommy really is. They had come out properly to Castiel and Dean about the fact that Tommy is a werewolf with surprising acceptance. They had even told Dean's younger brother, Sam, seeing as he's been dating Lori for some time now, and for that reason it just didn't seem right to keep Sam in the dark.

Thankfully, Castiel, Dean, and Sam are all supportive of Tommy's werewolfism, and have agreed to keep the secret... after they had confirmed that Tommy wasn't evil. Turns out Sam and Dean come from a family of hunters, which came as a surprise to them, but everything's turned out just fine in the end, and Sam and Dean aren't going to kill Tommy for what he is.

And it turns out that Tommy is a different breed of werewolf than what they've hunted in the past. Merton thought he was well versed on everything werewolf, turns out he's not....

"Great." Tommy says, pulling Merton in for a hug as he kisses the top of both Merton and Malcolm's heads. "Well, I think we've got enough decorations up for now. There anything else that needs sorting out?"

Merton shakes his head, no. Everything that they need to get done before their guests arrive is already done. He's already cooked everything, and all that needs to be done now, is to just set the table and dish everything up. But that can be done when everyone gets here, as they had all said that they're also going to bring some food also.

Which may mean that they've got a little too much food, but leftovers are always nice to have the next day. And Lori, Sam, Dean, Castiel, and Rowena are always welcome to take any leftovers back home with them.

For now though, while they wait for their guests to get here, they can just spend some time together, just the three of them, before their house gets a little crowded with all their friends. Well, they've not invited many people over, but their little one story, two bedroom house isn't all that big. And considering there'll soon be seven adults, one young toddler, and a five month old, it can get a bit crowded.

So until then, they just chill out in the living room for the time being, with some random little kids show on the TV to keep Malcolm occupied, as they just sit together as one happy odd little family on the couch, as they wait for their friends to arrive.