121-125

Chapter 121: The Legend

When Gu Xiqiao came back home, Xixi and Haha were already like peas in a pod.

“Beauty Qiao!” Xixi flapped its wings and circled above Gu Xiqiao’s head. Tears gradually swelled up in its beady eyes. “My poor little Beauty Qiao, boohoo…”

Jiang Shuxuan’s eyes narrowed. He reached out and grabbed Xixi by its claw before flinging it out the door. Haha, standing inside the building, looked down at Xixi with contempt. Then, without making a noise, it climbed up the stairs behind Gu Xiqiao.

Xixi, who was left outside, screeched, “Haha you scheming b*tch!”

A phone call came just as Gu Xiqiao entered her room. Feeling exhausted, she wanted to lay down and take a nap but upon realizing who the caller was, she felt recharged again. It was Tang Yanling.

She did not notify the Yin family about her surgery. Firstly, Gu Xiqiao felt that the marrow transplant was just an insignificant operation and secondly, she felt that more trouble would brew if she told everybody about her decision.

With this in mind, the only reason why Tang Yanling knew about her operation would be none other than that loose cannon, Wu Hongwen!

It really wasn’t too big of a deal but due to Wu Hongwen’s exaggeration, Gu Xiqiao’s operation was described as akin to a battle to the death with the Grim Reaper. Hence, upon receiving news from Yin Shaoyuan, she rushed straight to their house and had a conversation with Mrs. Zhang that stretched over an hour.

It was before noon when Gu Xiqiao woke up. There were a few missed calls on her phone which turned out to be from Luo Wenlang, Yu Ning, and Wu Hongwen.

Though, it seemed that the only person urgently looking for her was Yu Ning, who presumably had the latest test results for their holographic helmet prototype.

“Miss Gu, the new helmet has now hit the production line. September is when we have decided to launch the product.” Yu Ning sounded rather excited about this. “I have already started trial runs for the virtual network browser but we lack manpower in the office. I have a handful of hacker friends and I’d like to bring them over to help with the project. What do you think?”

How bad could the friends of the godly hacker get? Even if they weren’t on par with Yu Ning’s skill, they should be pretty competent. However, Gu Xiqiao was a little skeptical of why these programming gods would be so eager to visit her little shrine called the Nine Heavens Corporation.

Hearing Gu Xiqiao’s doubt her friends worried Yu Ning. “Miss Gu, do you really not understand the fundamental meaning of our virtual world? To put it simply, you could squeak a tiny squeak on our official website and there’ll be countless engineering masters rushing to offer their service to our project!”

Yu Ning felt awed whenever he spoke about this matter. He had originally come here to see just who it was that created that software that he was unable to break. To think that Gu Xiqiao would give him an even bigger surprise, the virtual helmet, a virtual network, a virtual world! These were all things that he predicted would only come out in the next decade. It never crossed his mind that they would appear right in front of him so quickly, and partly shaped by his own two hands too.

Still, Gu Xiqiao was the biggest miracle that ever presented itself to him. She had given him countless creative inspirations, like that source code, or that nanochip… these were all courtesy of Gu Xiqiao. Neglecting her sleep schedule, she managed to produce a plan which was a major factor why the virtual helmet was able to take the world by storm. For some reason, the market’s reaction turned out exactly as she had predicted.