146-150

Chapter 146: The Tsundere Sweetheart Jiang And Chaos At The Hotel

The entire Tang family turned their heads in the direction of Tang Qinghong as soon as he said that. The once scornful look in their eyes disappeared in an instant. Now, their facial expressions reflected the inner-conflict they were going through.

They were shocked to see the bunch of pills sitting in the center of Tang Qinghong’s palm. Such items that could help one level up in the ancient martial arts world would typically only be found in the legacy bases of powerful families. If people like them needed it, they would have to go looking for it themselves. The key thing here was that even if they possessed such an item, it was unheard of for it to work so well that one could enter the Bone Refinement realm whilst being unconscious.

They knew very well how precious these pills were. Much to their surprise, instead of belonging to Tang Qinghong, Tang Yanling was the rightful owner of this bunch of pills.

If it was back then, it didn’t matter to them if they belonged to her or not; they would forcefully make her hand the pills over to the Tang family, so that they could be used on members who had the potential for further growth. Why waste the pills on some piece of trash? However, seeing how Jiang Shuxuan had Tang Yanling’s back made them go silent.

At the very least, no one would dare to go through with this plot, for now.

Tang Yanling stared as Tang Qinghong placed the bunch gently on her palm. It took a while before her senses returned, upon which she was surprised to find how much weight the seemingly small bunch of pills had to them. This entire event played out like a dream in front of her. She looked up at the young man, eyes wide open. “Qinghong, you said that person was… Miss Gu?”

“Yes, your goddaughter, Aunt,” replied Tang Qinghong with a friendly smile.

“Oh.” Tang Yanling nodded. Then, she stared painfully at the bunch in her hand.

Jiang Shuxuan was standing nearby, watching their interaction. “Why don’t you store it in a box?” Then, a white flash appeared at his hand before a container carved from jade materialized in his palm.

“…”

Tang Qinghong was speechless. He remembered the way in which Gu Xiqiao had given these pills to him. He thought that it was on purpose; perhaps she wanted him to store it in his pocket for some unknown reason, which was why he did not use a container nor a pouch to carry them up until now.

He was astonished when he peered at the box. Just one look was enough to tell him that there was already a restriction spell casted onto it. Besides Tang Yanling, no one else could open the box.

Tang Yanling looked at Yin Shaoyuan, who was lying motionlessly on the floor before turning toward the handsome Jiang Shuxuan. Her mouth opened and closed but words failed to come out.

She would remember this forever.

“Well then, it’s time for me to leave now Aunt.” Jiang Shuxuan looked at his wristwatch to check the time. It was 12pm sharp, the hour when the sun was at its highest point in the sky; it was getting late for him now.

No one stood in his way when he left. They all stared in silence at his receding back as he disappeared into the bright light outside.

The dense atmosphere that had shrouded the entire place dissipated in the blink of an eye. Finally, the minds of the Tang family members started functioning again after he had left.

“Yanling, the thing in your hand…” The elder dressed in the Tang-dynasty robes started thinking about the pills. His mouth curled up into a sinister grin, he kept his eyes locked onto the jade box the entire time he spoke to Tang Yanling.