156-160

Chapter 156: The Baili Family, Return to the Imperial Capital

Gu Xiqiao went back home to take a shower at night, while Jiang Shuxuan sat outside reading a book. She glanced at it sneakily and stuck her tongue out cheekily when she saw a bunch of symbols and ancient writing that she didn't understand, before stepping in to take a shower.

Because Gu Xiqiao told Xixi to shut up earlier, it didn't fight with Haha at all while she was in the shower, no matter how much Haha tried to rile it up.

The phone on the table rang and vibrated, and Jiang Shuxuan walked over and picked it up.

"Bro Jiang!" Yin Shaoyuan's exclaimed from the other side of the phone. "Where's Qiao Qiao? I couldn't connect to her phone."

Gu Xiqiao's phone was placed right next to his, and Jiang Shuxuan reached over to try and switch it on, and upon seeing that it wouldn't switch on, he said, "The batteries of her phone ran out."

"Ah, I thought something happened." Yin Shaoyuan breathed a sigh of relief, before thanking him profusely for helping their family out from before and preventing Tang Yanling from being bullied while he was unconscious.

"I'm not the one you should be thanking." Jiang Shuxuan glanced over at the bathroom, before continuing, "Your grandfather hasn't been at the Tang family lately, have any of them been picking on you?"

Since he had a box of pills that the entire ancient martial arts world would go crazy over, Yin Shaoyuan was probably given a lot of trouble by the Tang family.

"I have a special anti-pirating technique!" Yin Shaoyuan boasted with some pride in his voice. Those people would have to win against him before they could get any of the pills!

No one could try and kill another family member so they couldn't use more radical methods, and they all used restrictions and seals the most. Yin Shaoyuan was immune to even Murong Feixue's restrictions because of the jade bracelet that Gu Xiqiao gave him, so those of the youngsters in the Tang family were even less of a problem.

The door to the bathroom opened slowly, and Jiang Shuxuan told Yin Shaoyuan, "She just finished taking her shower, I'll let you speak with her..."

Jiang Shuxuan turned around and looked over at the bathroom, and he was stunned for a moment at the sight.

Her hair was still damp after getting out of the shower, and she was drying her hair with her towel as she closed the door, a droplet of water sliding down her neck.

She didn't wear the clothes provided by the hotel because she was slightly germaphobic, and she only wore a long t-shirt and short pants that only covered slightly above her knees.

Her plump lips were slightly pursed, and for a second Jiang Shuxuan was mesmerized by her before he came back to his senses, Yin Shaoyuan going "Hey" many times over the line as he did. "You got a call from Shaoyuan."

Gu Xiqiao threw away the towel and accepted the phone. "You go take a shower too, Brother Jiang."

Jiang Shuxuan nodded and walked into the room to get his clothes, before going into the bathroom to take a shower himself.

"Brother Yin, you're awake." Gu Xiqiao walked over to the sofa and plopped down comfortably, reaching for the book that Jiang Shuxuan was reading and flipping through it.

Yin Shaoyuan just woke up the afternoon before, so he seemed to have wanted to have his fill of talking, and he basically gave Gu Xiqiao a Wikipedia report of all the families and authorities of note in the ancient martial arts world.