3. Trust?

Akumu POV:

I heard my brother talking to those guys I rescued. I sigh, as I hear my brother telling them that it will be hard to earn my trust. I turn around and walk away before they see me, as I feel a shiver running down my spine.

'Someone is watching me....', I think.  I turn around to see who it is, and I see the masked guy from the group staring at me. 'Look, over there!' the girl says as she sees me as well. 'Goddammit' I think, while seeing everybody looking at me, including my brother. He gives me a grin and says to the group, 'I see you do might have another chance to talk to her.'

I sigh again and jump out of the tree I was in. My brother looks at me and asks: 'Hey sis, do you mind showing these people the guest houses?' 'Yes I do mind' I think, but instead of that I say, 'You got it Nate.' 'Thanks sis, i'll go and see the other fighters and help them train.' he says with a wink.
'I hate you.' I mime to him. 'I know.' he mimes back, and leaves.

I look back to the group and say, 'follow me then.'

𝑨 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

Akumu POV:

'Here you go, three houses for you people.' I say. 'The houses are supplied with each three beds inside, a place to cook, a fireplace and extra blankets in the closets. If you need anything else, just ask my brother.' I tell them and I turn around to walk away.

'Wait!' I hear the girl yell to me. I sigh and turn around again. 'What?' I ask, slightly annoyed, because I couldn't walk away to avoid contact. 'I just wanted to say thank you for helping us, back there.' the girl says as she gives me a warm smile. 'I'm Yona by the way. And these guys are my friends.

This is Yoon.' she says as she points to a feminine boy with Apricot colored hair and blue eyes. 'Hey.' he says, as Yona goes on to the next person. 'This is Hak, he is my childhood best friend.' she goes on. 'These two are Kija and Jae-ha.' she points at the two who are currently arguing about something. 'This is Zeno.' she goes on. Zeno gives me a warm smile and says 'Hello miss!' 'And lastly we have Shin-ah.' I turn around to see the masked guy. He just stares at me, with his head slightly tilted to the left.

'And what's your name miss, if I may ask?' I hear a happy voice ask. I turned around to Zeno and sighed. I then said: 'I'm Akumu.' 'What a strange name, couldn't your parents think of anything better?' I hear someone say. I immediately looked up to see the Hak guy staring at me with a smirk on his face.

'Hak, you can't say that!' Yona scolds him. 'And what's your problem, mister "look i'm a bad boy"?' I angrily asked him. Before he could say anything I went on. 'How dare you talk about my parents like that! Who do you even think you are!?' I yelled. 'I just wondered why they gave you a name that means 'Nightmare'. he said. 'There's no need to shout.'

'MY PARENTS ARE DEAD YOU A**HOLE.' I yelled, with tears in my eyes. 'I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO ASK THEM, BECAUSE THEY GOT MURDERED WHEN I WAS ONLY THREE YEARS OLD.' I turned around and ran away as fast as I could. I could hear Yona yell, 'Akumu wait!', but I didn't listen.

I ran and ran, until I got to my favorite place to be: The end off the cliff. I always came here when I was sad or angry. I felt tears coming down my face. 'That a**hole.' I think, as I sit down.

𝑨 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

Still Akumu POV:

'I don't know for how long I have been sitting here, but it definitly calmed me down.' I think.

Suddenly I heard a sound. I turned around to see the masked guy, walking towards me. 'What do you want?' I ask him, a little harsh. He tilts his head again and looks at me. 'If you don't want to talk, then what are you doing here?' I ask, more curious now. 'You can sit here if you want, I guess.' I say, as I realize he's not gonna talk. He comes up further and sits down next to me.

A few minutes pass. And suddenly he asks, 'Are..... you.... okay?' I looked at him in shock. So he can talk. 'Uhm, yeah...I guess.' I answer. '....good....' he says, as he stands up and leaves. 'What a weirdo.' I think. 'But he was quite nice, I guess.'

𝑯𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

'Hey sis, are you okay?' Nathan immediately asks as soon as I walk in the house. 'I heard from Yona what happened.' 'I'm okay bro, but thanks for asking.' I answer. 'And someone else already asked that.' Oh, who was it?' he asked curious. 'That masked guy, Shin-ah.' I answer. 'And you talked back!?' he asks. 'Yeah, he was quite silent, but also quite.... nice, I guess...' I answer. 'I'm proud of you sis. Does this mean you'll be more social around other people?' he asks. 'I don't know, but maybe this was a start....' I answered him with a small smile on my face.

------------------------------------------------------------------

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞.

𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧, 𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞!!

𝐁𝐲𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰!