Chapter 5

Today is Sunday. This past week is packed with events and chaos. After school, we have police officers everywhere. Rumours of the story are spreading like a forest fire through our small town to neighbouring town too. Different types. Everybody's got their own imagination

The most interesting fact is that there is no satisfactory clue, no fingerprint on the body, even no weapon found that gives bruises to his body. So the case came to a conclusion of suicide.
So much happened in a week.

Staying in my bedroom is not my favorite thing. The time is half past 11. Mum and Dad are in bed. I should get out of bed and get ready for another night walk. I know it's not safe.

Most people in our city will return home early. After this bitter incident. Nobody wants to wander through the night that they always do for pleasure and relaxation. If I want to get something straight, I might as well walk. That's too, a late night one.

Everything dark, silent, and mysterious. I want a walk in the midst of a disquieting silence.

I put my black hoodie and a little flashlight, wallet, knife, water bottle, and other things in my little backpack. Better safe than sorry. I am going towards the cliff. Normally, I don't need a backpack, but the current weather is not nice. I made sure my parents went to bed. I don't want them to concern themselves with me.

I opened my window and an icy wind blew through it. I take a deep breathe. My nose was tingling with cold air.
Slowly slid out in the thick darkness.

I spend most of my time out at night. So I'm quite a pro at it. But to the cliff side at night.... It's my first. But I want to try it. The adrenalin rush thinking about the cliff made me jump from the window to the branch of the tree next to my house.

Walking through the road along a side. The night sky is not cloudy. It is packed with stars, but cannot explain the silence of today. I'm able to hear my breath. Everything is dramatic, just like a horror film. Our town isn't quiet until midnight at least there's going to be a teen party. People returning from offices or from relatives.

A mysterious murder gives a great deal of silence as a strict teacher came to the class and became silent. The houses are like empty.

I crossed the street and entered the garage. At first, I want my bike out of Mark's garage. It really needs to be fixed occasionally. It is quite old. This motorcycle belongs to Aidan. After I got the licence, he became my soulmate. Every rebel has a soulmate like this and mine is this old motorcycle.

The starting sound drilled the silence. Okay, getting on its back... pure bliss.... Nothing gave me the impression this old one gave me. The first round in this made me the happiest man on earth.

I came across a very lonely road. Yeah.. Guessed right. Towards my solace. I made it to the woods. Hide my motorcycle under the shade of a big tree. I'm not leaving my baby in an abandoned woods

Each step I take towards the cliff creates a fascinating sensation. A slow wind passes when I get to the shadow of the tree giving me goose bumps.

I looked down and savour
The silence.
The darkness.
The cool breeze.
The mysterious aura it gave me every time.

Sometimes I feel like a werewolf around here. Howling looking at the full moon. It's crazy how different is a story and a real life. It's a shame on the trucking people they never find this heaven. I should not be selfish. Jack should also be in this. I never hid nothing from him. But this cliff brought a different side in me whenever I try to tell him.

Like conscience is asking me.. This is not the right time. Have some patience.

I sit down and close my eyes. I last came here in the last Monday. All of a sudden I remembered the mark that's s drawn on the wood. I turn on my flashlight and inspect the mark.

But for my surprise the mark is cross marked. The star in the middle drawn was now a four piece. It's some kind of riddle.

I took a picture of the star. It will come in handy. Coming here next time should be cautious. Someone visits here like I do. So I think a story start here.....

The person visiting here came after a long period. Or a new one. Because this cliff is really hidden like it never existed. Even our map of the town doesn't include this area. I want to find that one. The one who thinks like me. Or the one who knows the secrets of the weird pattern.

It's really a headache now... is there something hidden meaning in that pattern. Is it is just a fun drawn. Like someone visiting this place like I do.

At first I should know more about this place. Maybe some old books will help. I take a mental note on going library tomorrow. Now this is time to return back home.

Mum will fry me when she got to know her Marshmello doing rebel things. All the mother's are like the shade umder a tree. If it is raining or a bright sunny day. It will give you the warmth you want. So soothing, peaceful.

It's midnight, I have school tomorrow. I walked back to the woods. The leaves crunching beneath my shoes. Are clearly audible. I reached the middle of the woods. The sudden sound of crunching levels with more than one shoe surrounded me. I jump into one of the largest trees I get and hide behind it.

The scene in front of me makes me suddenly stop in my track.