Chapter Three - Angel

Before I get started on the chapter, I just wanted to clarify, in the story, everyone has already been in school for a couple months. Saiko transferred into Karasuno because she got in trouble too many times at her last school and her dad also got a new job. So it's kind of in between the Nekoma practice game and the training camp. 

Also, for the sake of the plot, Yachi doesn't become the next team manager. It's not that I don't like her, she's sweet and adorable, but for plot reasons, she doesn't exist.

Alright, have fun kids!

-----------------------------------------------------

Kōshi POV
We were trying to get Saiko off of Tanaka, but I didn't know where we would take her so that she could have a chance to calm down. Not to mention, Tsukishima would just continue to egg her on if they both stayed in the gym.

But suddenly, Saiko went limp in our arms!

"W- What happened?!" yelled Tanaka.

We gently set her down and Daichi said, "Uh, I think I accidentally hit her in the side of the head." He grimaced.

"WHAT?!" I yelled at him. "You did... WHAT?!" 

Daichi backed away slowly with his hands up. I had to take a couple seconds to breathe so as not to kill my best friend. 

Tsukishima hesitantly bent over my shoulder to look at Saiko. "Is she... okay?"

"I don't know, we'll have to see when she wakes up." And then to make Daichi feel bad, "If she wakes up..."

I heard him gulp. 

"Well," said Takeda, "We should take her to the nurses office. That way when she wakes up, there'll be someone there with more training than any of us."

"Good idea," I said. I scooped her up in my arms, but she was a lot bigger than I anticipated and I ended up just setting her back down. 

"Let me carry her!" called Tanaka.

"NO." I replied.

"Why not?! I can carry her, no problem! What does she weigh? Like 140? I can bench more than that!"

"That's not the point!" I yelled at him. "You already hit her in the face with the volleyball! How should I know if you'll be able to carry her all the way to the nurses station without dropping her?"

Daichi stepped forward to offer, but before he could, I gave him a look and he held his hands up again and stepped back again. 

Tanaka and I continued to argue but after a few minutes, we looked down and Saiko was missing!

"Where'd she go?!" yelled Noya. We all looked around, trying to find her. I hoped she won't be clawing Tsuki's eyes out. "Look!" Noya pointed toward the door. "There she is!"

We all looked and it was true, there she was, but she wasn't awake. 

Tsukishima was carrying her.

Tsukishima POV
Everyone had been taking far too long to figure out who would carry her. Sugawara was being too over protective of her, so I nudged Tadashi and jerked my chin toward the door. "Open the door for me will you?" 

He looked at me with a little surprise, but went over and slide open the large metal doors.

I looked down at Saiko's limp body, she looked so much better when she was sleeping. There was no contagious smile on her face and her eyes didn't sparkle with excitement.