Chapter Six - Starlight

A/N: Hello everyone!! Happy New Year!! I'm so sorry that it took so long to update again! I feel like it's been forever! I've just been dealing with the end of a trimester for school so i had late work and finals and things. 

Obviously this is the next chapter, but would anyone be interested if I were to rewrite chapter five from Saiko's POV?? Cause there was a LOT that happened but it was all from Tsukki... sooo, anyone??

ALSO when you see:

***

Play "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron. It'll make it even better.

-------------------------

Tsukki POV
Saiko popped up and quickly walked out of her room, going downstairs. I followed, hesitantly, and watched about mid-way down the stairs as she hugged an older man. He was probably in his late thirties/early forties, but he looked very fit.

"Hi dad," she said and he tossed his keys into a bowl.

He hugged her tightly with one arm as he set down his backpack and taking an arm out of his jacket. He kissed her on the forehead before letting go to finish pulling off the coat, hanging it up on the rack on the wall.

"Hi sweetheart," he called her. "How was your day?"

She backed up and sat on one of the lower steps. "It was alright, Tsukki and I just worked on our school project."

He looked up at me then, "Oh, hello there!" He waved friendlily to me.

I came down the rest of the stairs and bowed to him. "Hello, Sugawara-san."

"Please, call me Haru, most everyone does." He said as I stood back up.

He held out his hand, and I took it, returning the firm grip I found waiting there. "Tsukishima Kei," I said, introducing myself. "Call me whatever you like, I don't particularly mind anything."

"Well, Tsukki," he said, smiling, calling me the nickname that Saiko had dropped a few moments before, still gripping my hand. "I hope your project is going well."

My heartbeat picked up a little as he spoke.

"Dad," Saiko stepped in. "Let him go before you cut off the circulation to his hand."

"Oh, right." He let go then. I resisted the urge to shake out my hand. He had a firm grip. "Is your mother in the kitchen?" he asked her.

"Uh-huh." She nodded.

"Well," he said, taking off his large work boots, and pulling off a neon orange work vest, hanging it next to his discarded jacket. "Shall we go see about some dinner?"

She hopped up, nodding. "Mm-hmm!"

He walked down the hall followed by Saiko. I trailed behind them as well. 

As we entered the kitchen, Ms. Sugawara greeted her husband warmly. The jars on the table had been cleared, some boxes were scattered around and they had the jars inside them.

Saiko helped set up for dinner, getting out plates and forks and cups. The forks and cups she brought to the table, but the plates she left on a counter near the stove where her mom was finishing up the last of the hamburger patties. There was a salad and a pitcher of lemonade on the table. 

I offered to help, but Saiko wouldn't let me.

Her dad picked me up into a conversation instead: 

"So, Tsuki," He seemed to drawl on the name, enjoying the teasing moment. "Do you do anything outside of school?"

"Yes sir, I'm a middle blocker on the Boy's Volleyball team."