Chapter 18 - The Battle Pt. 2

2k!!! Holy crap guys thank you so much for all the support from each and every one of you. You have no idea what it means, it's honestly so encouraging. I decided to post early to celebrate and because cliffhangers are the worst.
I love all of you <3
~~~
Caspian's POV

It's truly breathtaking to see the trees come alive after being dormant for a thousand years. Faces in the leaves roar and their roots burrow through the ground, destroying the catapults in a matter of seconds.

"Lucy," Peter says, grinning.

I shift my attention back to Althea. I wish I had been able to get to her before that soldier did. She's been beaten up pretty bad, a dark bruise is forming on her eye and her lip is split. I'm not surprised because she's been defending everyone she can regardless of whether she's at risk or not. To my relief, she pulls away from me and actually seems to be okay.

"For Aslan!" Peter shouts and all the Narnians charge, chasing the retreating Telmarines back through the forest. We push them back all the way to the river and they start to cross, some swimming and some over the bridge. They come to a halt when a small figure emerges, standing alone on the other side. It's Lucy and she draws her small dagger, challenging them to keep crossing. While we are standing off with the remaining soldiers, a massive lion emerges and stands next to her.

"Aslan," Althea mutters beside me.

The soldiers pause momentarily before continuing to cross. A soul-riveting roar from Aslan shakes the trees and sends ripples over the river. The water looks almost as if it's alive as it starts to pull away. Violent waves crash farther upstream as Telmarines either choose to cross or run back towards us. The water swirls up into a funnel taking the form of a man. Lord Sopespian is halfway across the bridge as the water spirit strides forward straight at him. He doesn't even have time to react before the man slips his arms up under the bridge, pulling it to his eye level. The Lord hopelessly swings his sword at the water before he is enveloped in the crashing waves as the water spirit dissipates back into a river. Mist sprays my face as the river returns to its peaceful state like nothing happened.

The Telmarines surrender without any more resistance and the King and Queens start to wade across the river. Althea takes my hand and starts to pull me along with them. The heavy weight that's been resting on my chest lifts completely. We've won.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of water." She laughs. I'm relieved to see that she's okay, she seemed really dizzy and out of it earlier.

"Of course not," I say. The cold water rushes around our legs and Althea visibly shivers beside me.

"Aw, are you cold?" I tease.

"I most certainly am not." She scoffs and splashes me with water.

"Oh no, you didn't." She laughs nervously trying to run away. "Oh come on, I'm not gonna push you in." I laugh at how flustered she is and take her hand, pulling her the rest of the way across.

Aslan looks at the five of us as we all kneel down and bow our heads to him.

"Rise Kings and Queens of Narnia." Althea and I remain on the ground as Peter, Susan, and Edmund stand.

"All of you." He says. I look up shocked that he would address me as a king at all, let alone of Narnia.

"I do not think I'm ready," I say.

"It's for that very reason I know you are."

I slowly rise. Althea grins ear to ear, looking almost proud of me. Her smile makes that warm feeling stir in my heart. We both look to Aslan again who is calmly smiling down at her.

"Arise, dear child." Althea's eyes light up like a child and I can't help but smile. "I've heard much about you brave Narnian."

She looks so happy to have been addressed as a Narnian, almost like she's going to burst into tears as she stands. Windpipe music starts to play behind us and we shift to the side as several mice carry an injured Reepicheep forward. They gently lay him on the ground and Lucy moves to give him a drop from her cordial. It takes him a few seconds to come to and when he does he sits up looking to the young queen.

"Oh, thank you, your majesty... Thank you." He stands and sees Aslan. "Oh, hail Aslan. It is a great honor to be in your presence-"

Reep tries to bow but falls forward. His once long tail is now a short little stub and he looks down at it in shock and embarrassment.

"Please excuse my countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion." He gasps and Althea stifles giggles beside me.

"Perhaps a drop more?" Reep asks, looking up at Lucy.

"I don't think it does that." She says.

"You can have a go."

"It becomes you well small one," Aslan says, amusement glittering in his eyes.

"All the same great king. I regret that I must withdrawal, for a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse." Reep says holding his sword out to the lion.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor, friend."

"Well it's not just the honor, it's also great for balance, and climbing, and grabbing things." Reep stumbles over his words, clearly feeling flustered.

"May it please your high majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief." One of the other mice says, holding his sword to his tail, ready to cut his own off too.

"Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people," Aslan says. A brand new tail sprouts from Reep's little stub.

"Look! Look! Thank you, thank you my liege. I will treasure it always. From this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility." Reep says cheerily, holding his new tail and bowing to Aslan again.

"Now where is this dear friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asks. We all look to Trumpkin who is directing Telmarines and who looks very much afraid of Aslan. He slowly walks over, averting his eyes, and respectfully kneels. Aslan lets loose another roar, this one directed at Althea's friend.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asks. Trumpkin looks terrified but nonetheless laughs with everyone else. Althea stares up at me, her shoulders heaving and face carved into a smile which only grows wider when I kiss her, not caring that we're surrounded by people.
~~~
I hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to vote, comment suggestions, and follow for future updates.