Chapter 10...

The next day I was a mess. It was at 11:30 and I was running around my house like a fish with its head cut off. I was adding last minute things to my suitcase, while finishing up a few things for work, and stressing about meeting my family in a few hours.

I was fine until Leah left last night. One second I was calm about this whole thing and the next I was stressing that this whole plan wasn't going to work. Afraid my family wouldn't believe Knox and I were dating and then disappointing my mom once again. And then on top of that getting this promotion.

It was like suddenly everything was falling down onto my shoulders and the weight was getting too heavy to hold. Now here I was, Knox almost here and freaking the fuck out.

"Its okay Aubrey you can do this. Everything will work out. It has to." I told myself as I stuffed the last of my toiletries in my bag. My little pep talk did little to calm me down.

"This entire plan is stupid and here I am finally realizing it. Leah was right this is my worst idea yet." I mumbled moving around my bedroom. I didn't have to pack too much since we'd only be gone about 6 days and I bet my mom still had some of my old stuff at the house.

Just as I zipped up my suitcase a knock sounded at my door. Knowing it was Knox and Olivia I quickly straightened my cream sweater, even though it wasn't even wrinkled. Taking a deep breath I opened the door putting a smile on my face.

"Hey." My smile faltered a little as I took Knox in. Because every time I've met Knox in person he's been sitting down, I had no clue how tall he actually was.

His big frame seemed to take up the whole doorway. I had to tilt my head up to get a good look at his face. I took in the slight scruff on his face that made him very attractive. His blonde hair was styled the same as it was the last time I saw him, suiting him.

My eyes had a mind of their own as they moved down his body. He wore a nice brown jacket with a pair of blue jeans. Since it was too cold to wear anything but a thick jacket I couldn't see what he had on underneath, but it didn't take a genius to know that whatever it was looked good on him.

Finally my eyes moved away from Knox and landed on his sister standing next to him a bright grin on her face.

"Uh here come in." Realizing I was keeping them out in the cold hallway I moved to the side. "Let me make sure I have everything and we can get going. Make yourself comfortable."

"Thanks." Olivia smiled at me. Knox had yet to say anything and it made my nerves skyrocket. Feeling his eyes on me I quickly ducked my head and headed back to my bedroom. There was something about Knox's gaze that always caught me off guard.

Not wanting to keep them waiting long I grabbed my heavy suitcase after doing one last look around to make sure I had everything. Heaving my suitcase I moved back into the living room, arms straining. I really needed a suitcase that has working wheels.

"I'm ready." I set the bag down with a thud. I looked up to find Knox standing near my kitchen holding a picture frame. I knew exactly which one it was too. It was of my entire family before things changed last year. Before I could say anything Olivia spoke.

"Thanks for letting me tag along." Looking away from her brother I smiled.

"Of course, I'm glad you're coming with. Sorry to take you away from your family for Christmas though." I really was selfish for not thinking of them and their family for the holidays.

"It's okay our parents aren't-" Olivia was cut off by Knox walking over.

"Ready to go?" I didn't miss the look he sent his sister, making me confused. Not wanting to get involved I looked away and grabbed my suitcase. Finally Knox looked away from his sister and turned to me. Lifting one shoulder I sent him a small grin.