Chapter 25...

"Why does it keep falling!"

"You're not putting enough icing."

"Yes I am. Look."

"Now thats too much."

"How about instead of critiquing me you help." I glared over at Knox who just stood off to the side of me.

"I would gladly help if you moved over to the side and let me." He countered. Grunting I took a large step the side and gestured to it.

"Better?"

"Much." Taking the spot next to me Knox grabbed the icing from my hand. "The trick is to line the bottom of the tray then while the other person is holding the pieces you ice the outside."

I wanted to say that's what I have been doing you just haven't been helping, but I bit my tongue. Seeing that everyone around us were way further along and decorating their houses we couldn't afford to argue anymore.

We were all currently seated in my mom's dining room making gingerbread houses. After dinner my mom brought out the gingerbread pieces her and Olivia made at the bakery earlier today. We were separated into teams with my older brother Lucas and Annie helping the two girls make a house, Jackson and Olivia pairing up, which left Knox and I.

"Hold the sides while I finish." Knox instructed. While we finished on building our house everyone around us talked about how they were decorating theirs.

"You know we could have had this finished if you were helping to begin with." I muttered.

"If you would have moved out of the way and I would have." He shot back.

"You were just standing there watching me."

"I was waiting for you to swallow your pride and ask me." I wanted so bad to say something back but I shook my head.

"No more arguing. Lets decide how we will decorate." I suggested instead. We were getting no where. I took a quick glance around at everyone.

Seeing Lucas, Annie, Sophie and Charlotte I held back a laugh. The two little girls were sitting there eating all the snacks and the frosting while their parents were trying to put icing on the roof like snow. Just a quick glance and I could tell their gingerbread house was going to be a mess.

Then I looked over at Olivia and Jackson. Seeing their house perfectly built and decorations already covering it I knew they were going to be our biggest competition. The pair were whispering to each other like they didn't want us to hear. Jackson glanced up and met my eyes, a smirk appearing on his face. Narrowing my eyes I turned away.

"Okay so Olivia and Jackson are our competition." I leaned in closer to Knox and whispered. "Knowing Jackson he is going to do something big."

"Something big?" Knox looked at me like I grew two heads.

"One time he made a lake in the 'backyard' and a melted snowman."

"A lake?"

"Yeah. And my mom loved it so of course he won. We can't let them win." Knox looked over at me with raised eyebrows.

"What?" I questioned.

"Your competitive." He commented.

"I grew up with two brothers. Everything was a competition. We actually stopped doing this a few years ago because of how intense we were."

"What do we get if we win?"

"I'm not really sure actually. Use to be some sort of candy." I shrugged. Who knew what my mom had up her sleeve. She hasn't made a single peep since we started.