Chapter 27...

"We have a busy agenda today everyone." My mom clapped her hands loudly making me wince.

I yawned into my coffee mug as I took a sip, beside me Jackson was scrubbing at his eyes and yawning as well. The only two people who didn't seem annoyed at being woken up early was Olivia and Knox. I'm pretty sure Olivia was only happy to be awake because my mom was taking her to the bakery again today.

As soon as she got home yesterday she talked non-stop about it, even when she was covered in flour. Telling both Knox and I every detail of how she learned to make make bread, cookies, and pastries. She even learned to work the cash register. I was 100% certain she ate most of what she baked because she was practically bouncing off the walls.

As for Knox being awake so early, well I had a feeling he was use to it. Even after last nights...event, he seemed fine. I had a small idea of what last night was. The way he kept muttering 'no' and thrashing around while whimpering gave me a small idea. He didn't say a word about it when I was woken by my moms knocking and found him already up and coming out of the bathroom. I wasn't sure if he remembered what happened or if he just wanted to ignore it all together, so I followed his lead and decided not to bring it up.

"We?"Jackson mumbled, looking at my mom like she grew two heads.

"Yes 'we', as in all five of us. We have a lot to get done today." I knew that tone in her voice. I looked over at Jackson at the same time he looked at me, both of our eyes wide.

"This afternoon and into tonight is Day 2 of the festival. And as you all knowing it is the baking contest as well. I am one of the judges yet again this year." My mom grinned like she was announced the new Queen of England.

"Because I am going to be the judge I have to get there early to help set up before it starts and the contest starts at one 1:30 pm. So, Katie is currently opening the bakery but I need you Aubrey to run the store until one, along with Olivia."

I almost groaned out loud at her words. I had to run the bakery for the next 6 hours and on the busiest days of the year. Great.

"It is our last day open since we close for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I need the two of you to make sure things go smoothly for me. I gave Katie permission to close early as well." My mom instructed Olivia and I. Olivia smiled and nodded happy to help

"Jackson and Knox, I need you two to help me set up at the festival. Along with being a judge for today I have a booth I need to set up for tomorrow. You two can help with that. Once you four are done then you can enjoy the festival for the rest of the night."

"What about Lucas? Doesn't he have to help?" Jackson questioned.

"He has some last minute things to finish at work. And unlike you two he has a family he has to get ready." She sent Jackson and I both a look. Yep, there is the 'why aren't you two settled down yet' stare.

Jackson and I shared a look both knowing Lucas lied about work to get out of helping. Happens every single year.

"Now grab something quick for breakfast and get ready. I want everyone out of the house in twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes! Ma this is suppose to be my Christmas break where I relax." Jackson whined.

"You had that yesterday. Now get moving." Mom tapped the back of his head as she left the kitchen.

"She almost puts my old drill sergeant to shame." Knox spoke. I laughed into my coffee.

"Just you wait until you are helping her build her booth." My mom would have thrived as a drill sergeant for sure.