"Are We?"

Melody Lovegood

It was the next day and I woke up to Luna and Elianna waking me up. "WAKE UP!!" Elianna yelled. "My god, okay I'm up." "So, seems to me that you had so much fun last night you fell right asleep so fast when u came back." "Ugh whatever, it is to early for this!" I guess I was exhausted after last night aghah.

We all got dressed and headed out to the Quidditch field to see the boys tryout for the team. All the girls sat on the bleachers while watching the boys. We were watching the boys for a good 5-10 minutes until Hermione asked me, "Are you going to the ball tomorrow Saturday night?" "Oh, uhm no I don't think I am because I'll be the only one without a date." "Melody, I thought you were going with Ron?" Elianna said. "He hasn't asked me yet." "I thought you guys were dating?" Luna asked. "Are we? I don't know, I think we were both confused if we were dating." The boys flew up to us on their broom stick all sweaty, asking if we wanted to join them for lunch.

We all went to the great hall to eat, but us girls finished our food pretty fast. "Boys, we are heading to the library if you wanna join us later," Elianna said. When we got to the library we started to talk about what we were wearing to the Yule ball. Hermione says, "So what are you girls wearing to the ball on Saturday? Elianna wanted to get a black dress, I said I wanted a pastel purple dress, Luna wanted a yellow dress, and Hermione wanted a pink dress. Then, Hermione asked if Luna and Louis were a thing. She said, "Yeah, but can we just keep it between us girls?" We all nodded our heads to agree when we saw George come in the library. "Elianna I need to see you in private," George said as he approached her. She went with him and that's when Hermione said, "Oh, I almost forgot! Melody, you can always come with me and Krum." "Thanks, I'll think about it," I said while laughing. Hm, I don't know because I'm having second thoughts of going even if I went with Hermione and Krum. I don't wanna third wheel them or just be around Krum, I'm sorry but I really don't. I appreciated the offer though! I had wondered if Ron and I were dating and if he was gonna ask me. The ball was getting closer and closer and I still didn't have a date. I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Elianna came back and I asked, "What was that all about?" "Oh, nothing he just wanted to know what color dress I was wearing." Then, all the boys came in the library because they were done eating. Everyone went their separate ways after they came and Ron came up to me as I was leaving. He said, "Do you wanna take a stroll with me?" "Sure!"

We were walking and stopped at a grass field. There was a nice cool breeze. I laid down on the grass and he says, "What are you doing?" while laughing at me. Rude, but I said, "Just laydown," and I grab his hand and pull him down. He lays next to me. "What are we doing? Or what are we looking at?" "Do you ever just like look up and make shapes out of the clouds?" He laughs, "Mental you are, you know that!" I shove him. We both laughed and then he looked at me. I looked at him and asked, "What?" "Nothing." Hm then it got awkward because we made eye contact for a few minutes so I turned my head back up to the sky. "There! I see a bunny!" I said in excitement. "I see Scabbers." In my head I was like what the hell. How do you see scabbers??? I BURSTED OUT LAUGHING!!! "What? What's so funny??" "I - nothing." Lol he's weird! For the rest of the time I just laid my head on his shoulder and we both was just in the "moment". It was night already and we had to go. He walked me to the Raven Claw common room and I said, "Thanks for walking me! I had really fun tonight and on our uhm," I cleared my throat, "..date. I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight." "Yeah of course, just wanted to get you to your dorm safe! I had fun too, night." We hugged and I went inside while he waited for me to get in. These past days has been really fun! I'm actually glad that Ron and I are spending a lot of time because I had a lot of fun! I never really imagined that him and I would be a thing or at least in like because I think we are still confused as what we are, but it's fine! I'm glad he's my bestfriend. I wonder about Elianna and George though. What's been going on with them because I know that they aren't going to the dance as just friends HAHAHA!