Opinions

Lilith and Amity landed softly in front of the Blight Manor, and the former helped the latter off.

"Do you, like, wanna come inside? It's kinda dark out to be flying right now," Amity offered, struggling with her crutches.

Lilith smiled but shook her head. "I would rather not, dear. However, if you wish to contact me to discuss further lessons, you are more than welcome to."

Amity smiled and nodded as Lilith flew away with her staff. She then shuddered at their brief conversation. She and Lilith simply used each other for personal gain before, but ever since the latter had lost her magic, their interactions had become much more... friendly.

And it was strange.

Amity decided to not spend any more time on it and slowly went inside. She opened the door and peeked inside to see if her parents were around or aware of her absence.

Ever since word of Luz's confrontation with the emperor had gotten around Bonesborough, there was a number of mixed reactions to the human and her capabilities. The Emperor's Coven had not surprisingly conveyed the idea that Luz was to be seen as a threat. Everyone at Hexside, save for a select few, came to respect Luz quite a bit more than they had before, though Amity suspected that respect was more out of fear than anything. The talk of the town was as confusing as ever. The majority had cheered for Emperor Belos to release Eda rather than petrify her, and since Luz had been the one to make that happen, most of them respected or admired her for that as well.

As for her own household, however, things were much more clear. While she and her siblings were close to Luz, the Blight parents were even more anti-human than before. Amity shuddered at the thought of Luz possibly coming in contact with them.

It wouldn't be pretty, she knew that much.

She began to limp inside, only to hear an powerful male voice call out, "Children! In the parlor at once!"

Amity froze out of instinct and shock. The only other time both she and her siblings were called at the same time was when Edric and Emira got caught pulling a prank at Hexside that kept them from graduating or ever being able to join the Emperor's Coven. Needless to say that their mother and father weren't happy, having the twins take over the house staff's tasks for a week without pay and giving Amity a stern warning not to follow in their footsteps.

Speaking of which, Edric and Emira both came downstairs as Amity struggled to walk to the parlor.

"Any idea why they're calling us in?" Edric asked as he and Emira helped Amity into the parlor.

Amity shrugged. "Nothing I can think of. Unless my story about my foot fell through."

Remember, whatever happens, don't let them know you're scared or intimidated," Emira reminded them just as they reached the parlor.

Amity smiled a little to herself. She and her siblings didn't always see eye to eye on, but whenever it came to dealing with their parents, they always made points to stick together. It was as if it were them against their parents, but even though they had the advantage in numbers, their parents always seemed to win.

Finally having stepped foot into the parlor, the three Blight children saw their parents, Alador and Odalia Blight. Seemingly every time they met like this, whether it be for dinner or another reason, the Blight parents stood or sat with the straightest posture and appeared the expressions that were near impossible to read. Even to a complete stranger, they would be recognized as some form of higher class citizen, especially in the way they spoke. 

It was incredible really. They never made any outward attempts to intimidate their coworkers or children, but the fear came from the simplicity and direct manner of their actions and expressions. And it wasn't as if they didn't know how they appeared at first glance. In fact, they often used this to keep those they considered to be under them, especially their children, in line.