Coffee? Swan?

Regina finishes up her work noticing her watch striking 2pm. She shuffles her things into a neat pile in the centre of her desk and pulls on her blazer before exiting her office.

She elegantly strolls down the stairs taking each step in seconds when suddenly she collides with another person in the hall way knocking paper work out of their hands. She quickly kneels helping collect the scattered papers together.

"Oh, Its you" Regina says coming to a standing position.

"Mayor Mills!" Emma says gathering her papers together

"You're quite clumsy Ms. Swan, maybe next time you should watch where you're walking?" Regina says brushing her self down

"I'll take that into account next time Mayor"

"Good..." Regina says as Emma enters her office, Ask her

"Ms. Swan" Regina says standing in Emma door way.

"Yes, Mayor Mills?"

"Do you know a good coffee shop around here?"

"I do, how come?"

"Would you show me it please?"

"Sure" Emma says with confusion in her eyes. "Allow me to just..."

"Sure, finish up what your doing. I can wait" Regina says leaning again Emma's door frame.

"I hope you don't mind Ms. Swan"

"It's no trouble I needed a break anyway" Emma says holding the door open for Regina.

"Why thank you" Regina says as she strolls through.

"Thank you" Emma says following behind her an locking the door.

Regina walks to her car and spots a yellow bug parked besides it.

"That's your car?" Regina says as Emma walks to the drivers side.

"Ye, I have a patrol car as well as this car" Emma says opening the car door.

"Well its... Its..."

"It's a bit bold, I know" Emma says before getting into her car.

"A bits an understatement" Regina comments as she also gets into her car.

*****************************************

They arrive at 'Granny's Diner' and both get out of their cars at the same time. Emma walks in first followed by Regina who sits in a cubical near the entrance.

"What is it that the Mayor drinks?" Emma says leaning down by Regina.

"Coffee, black" Regina says giving Emma a sour look.

"How original" Emma says under her breath before stepping over to the serving counter.

"Hey Granny, one black coffee and a hot cinnamon please"

"Sure sheriff, I'll bring them right over" Granny says beginning to make their drinks.

"Thanks" Emma says before walking back over to Regina and taking a seat in front of her.

"So Mayor, did you really just want to be shown a coffee place? Or did you want to have coffee with me?" Emma leans forward placing her badge on the table.

Regina looks at Emma's hand laying above the badge. "You're a very curious women, Ms. Swan however I did want to have coffee with you, I'd like to know more about you an this town" Regina takes off her blazer an folds it before putting it on the seat besides her.

"Well Madam Mayor, you may ask me anything. I'm an open book" Emma says raising her eyebrows.

"Here you are ladies, a hot cinnamon an black coffee" Granny places their drinks in front of each of them an disappears into the kitchen.

"Well Ms. Swan, where are you from" Regina asks taking a sip of her coffee.

"I grew up in Boston and I moved here recently"

"I'm slightly confused" Regina frowns

"How come Mayor?" Emma notices her confusion

"I looked at your file and your parents have always been residences of Storybrook"

"Oh right, I was put up for adoption at a very young age" she says scraping the cream off the top of her hot coco into her mouth.

"I'm sorry to hear that" Regina takes another sip of her coffee an a silence builds between them.

"Its alright, I guess my parents couldn't handle me when I was a youngster" Emma's face suddenly drains of all emotions.

"You have your parents now, right?" Regina says cheering Emma up.

"Yeah, we live alongside each other unfortunately"

"Well you must get along well with your mother to live alongside her"

"Yeah but we don't see each other much because I work when she's not working an vise versa"

"So what does your mother work as?" Regina asks out of curiosity.

"She's a teacher in the school near here"

"Oh, how long has she been a teacher?" Regina asks taking another sip of her hot coffee.

"For as long as I can remember" Emma says taking a gulp of her hot coco.

"What does your father work as?"

"He's works at the animal rescue centre. How come you want to know all this?" Emma asks sharply.

"I'd like to get to know..." Regina is interrupted by a stranger.

"Hey darling" A man says as he enters the dinner an sits besides Emma.

"Mayor Mills, I'm glade to meet you. I'm Killian Jones, Emma's second half" He says as he takes Emma's hand.

"Oh... Well I better be going, it was nice to meet you Mr Jones" Regina says as she lifts from her seat an pulls on her blazer.

"May I walk you to your car?" Emma says elevating from her seat

"If you're not to busy?" Regina says giving Killian a frown.

"No" Emma says following Regina out the door.

"Maybe we could do this again Ms. Mills"

Regina stands staring at Emma calculating Emma's words.

"Its a small town, I thought you might like a friend"

"Well Ms. Swan, I'll see you in work tomorrow?" Regina says holding her car door open.

"Yes ma'am" Emma says flirtatiously

"See you there, Sheriff Swan" she says giving Emma a slight wink an hoping into her car.

What am I doing?

Next chapters already on the way! Keep on reading!!