Follow the heart

"Ms. Swan! That's enough hugging!"

"Sorry, Mayor Mills" Emma takes her arms from around Regina and places them by her side.

"You're best packing a bag Ms. Swan" Regina says before exiting the room and waiting down stairs at the door.

Emma strides down the stairs and sits the bag on the kitchen counter whilst collecting items out of the living room.

"May we Ms. Swan?" Regina asks noticing that Emma had finished packing.

"Yes Mayor, I'm ready" Emma says and Regina opens the door allowing Emma to exit first.

They walk to Regina's car and Regina pops the boot. "Place your stuff in there" Emma walks to the boot an throws it in.

Regina and Emma drive back to work. Once they reach the office an Regina parks up they both hop out of the car and head straight to there offices.

Regina gallops up the stairs and rips her coat off throwing it on the back of her desk chair an reopening the file she was working on.

Time passes rapidly, an Regina glances at her watch 12:30pm "Lunch time already?" Regina says before dropping her pen and pulling on her coat.

She exits her office an waltzes down the stairs, she notices Emma's door is propped open and decides to peak in.

"Ms. Swan you're not going to work through lunch are you?" She says standing in the door way.

"Mayor Mills! What a nice surprise come in" Regina strolls in an takes a look around.

"Beautiful office Ms. Swan"

"Thank you Ms. Mills, is there anything in particular that I can help you with?" Emma asks whilst turning to face Regina.

"I wanted to see if you'd like some lunch" Regina sits on the desk beside Emma's chair.

"Sure, I could do with a bite to eat" Emma stands up coming face to face with Regina their eyes meet an a tention builds.

"Okay then, how about Granny's? Do they serve lunch??" Regina says avoiding the tention with Emma.

"Yeah! Best lasagne in town!" Emma lifts her red leather jacket off the back of her chair and pulls it on over her shoulders. "I'm driving" Emma says walking in front of Regina "okay" Regina follows after her.

They arrive at the diner and walk in besides each other. "Go sit down I'll get the order" Regina insists so Emma does as she's told an sits at a table in the centre of the diner.

"Ruby isn't it?" Regina asks recognising the women's face.

"Yes it is Mayor Mills. What would you like?" Ruby asks leaning across the serving counter.

"I'll have two slices of lasagne for me an Sheriff Swan, a hot cinnoman an a black coffee please" Ruby's rights the order down.

"Is that all?" Ruby asks

"Yes, thank you"

"Okay, I'll bring them right over"
Regina walks to the table Emma is sat at and sits in front of her.

"Ms. Mills may I ask you something?" Emma asks laying her arms on the table.

"Depends on what it is Ms. Swan" Regina folds her arms.

"Oh right..." Emma says awkwardly

"That means yes Ms. Swan" Regina smiles sarcastically.

"Oh!" Emma giggles as Ruby sets down their drinks and lasagne.

"Enjoy guys!" Ruby says before walking back behind the counter.

Regina and Emma get back to their conversation.

"So what did you want to ask Ms. Swan" Regina says digging into her piece of lasagne.

"Do you have any family in storybrooke?"

Regina hesitates to answer...

"No Ms. Swan I don't"

"So how come you're in storybrook?"

"Work, I guess Ms. Swan" Regina sits holding the rim of the cup.

"So do you have anyone special in your life?" Emma asks toying with her food.

"No, no one could love an intimidating person such as me" Regina speaks freely.

"You're wrong Ms. Mills" Emma whispers before taking a sip of her hot coco.

"What about you then Ms. Swan, how long have you been in love with Mr Jones?"

"Ah! I wouldn't say I'm in love..." Emma says filling her mouth with food.

"Oh... So how come you're in a relationship with him?"

"We ah, were brought together by my parents" Emma says with shame.

"Oh" Regina says sympathetically and takes sips of her coffee leaving a silence to emerge.

Before Emma breaks it... "How did you like the lasagne??"

"It's delicious! You have great taste Ms. Swan" Regina says flirtatiously.

"Well thank you Ms. Mills, are you sure you want me to move in?" Emma asks continuing to drink her coco.

"Yes Ms. Swan, you have no where else to go, so I'm sure!" Regina finishes her coffee and clears the last bit of food off her plate.

"One more question Ms. Mills, do you mind Killian eh.. Mr Jones coming round?" Regina gulps

"Sure Mr Jones can come round now an then"

"Thank you Ms. Mills, gosh is that the time already?!" Emma glances at her watch.

1:15pm

"We must get back to work Ms. Mills, I'll pay for lunch"

"No,no,no... I'll pay, its on me" Regina says getting her purse out of her pocket an leaving $20 on the table with an added tip for Ruby of $10.

They walk to the car side by side, Regina never took her eyes off Emma as she strode towards her black metallic Mercedes.

"Emma, I know its not my place but you shouldn't be with who your parents want you to be with. You should follow the heart" Regina says looking tenderly in Emma's eyes and holding her hand friendly.

"I value your words Ms. Mills, I really do but I couldn't imagine my parents would be able to accept a stranger as my lover instead of Killian, they're to found on him and for once I have my mothers approval"

Regina strokes Emma's hand softly.

"You don't need anyone's approval as long as you be yourself an love who you love, not who other people expect you to" Regina quotes and slides into her car seat leaving Emma still feeling her tender touch.

Was this love?

Thanks for reading!! Hope you liked it! Next chapters coming soon