Chapter 1

(A/N, everything is from George's POV unless I say otherwise.)

'"Pardon me, may you leave the room so your mother and I could-" she paused, looking over at my mum, "have a chat?".

This wasn't good, the only time that is a 'chat' is necessary is when something bad is happening. I look over at my mum, waiting for some type of confirmation to leave the room.

Half of me didn't want her to confirm, but against my wishes she nodded her head. I sighed quietly and made my way out of the room. I ended up in a small waiting room with practically no one in it.

I sat down in one of the chairs, taking everything in. I just want this to be done with. I've done my chemo already. I was told, given my case, that chemo would fix everything. Turns out it didn't fix everything.

Before I know it, I'm starting to fall asleep. I begin to have a dream, Clay, Nick, Zak, and Darryl are there. We hang out for a while, talking about things that are inaudible since I'm just dreaming.

The four stay the night, and before I know it everyone is asleep. Everyone except for Clay and I. He tells me to follow him and he leads me to a forest.

On the other side of the wooded area, there's a small hill. Out of breath, we sit on the hill and just talk. Then, I look over at him and he's smiling, he looks so happy. I lay back and I close my eyes.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I open my eyes, expecting to see Clay. But instead of seeing my best friend, I'm greeted by Dr. Zyon and my mum. I see that my mum has tears in her eyes.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The car ride home was silent. I didn't need to ask what was said, I already knew.

We head inside and before I can rush to my room like I want to, I'm stopped by my mum.

"You know George, if you ever need to talk to me you can, honey." She paused and looked at me with her sorrow-filled eyes, "I love you". She's looking at me like I'm already six feet under.

I run to my room and flip down onto my bed. And I cry, I haven't cried the whole time, and now I can't seem to stop crying.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I must have fell asleep because I look at my phone and see about a thousand messages and missed calls. I head to the kitchen groggily and see my mum and Drista in the kitchen, chatting.

"Drista? Why are you here?" I question, looking between the both of them.

Well, umm, it's your birthday. Remember?" Drista says quietly, pointing over to the dining room table.

I see four yelling boys sitting at the table. I wonder how I missed them, they're being really loud. I walk over and sit in a chair next to Clay.

"Hey, Gogy! Happy birthday dude!" Clay says excitedly. He ruffles around my hair a bit and continues to converse with Zak, Nick, and Darryl.

"We got here a while ago. What the hell were you doing, George?" Nick asks, practically shouting. I hear a quiet voice say "language" and I laugh a little, figuring Darryl said it.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A few hours later and we've gone through the regular birthday party routine. Zak had to leave early causing Darryl to go also because they were riding together. Drista is still there, but she's mostly sitting by herself, looking up at us with death glares everytime a dirty joke is made.

Eventually, Clay and Drista go home. Nick does too when it gets late. As much fun as this was, I know my birthday to just to far out of reach to have another. I only have a year from yesterday to live after all.