Unexpected

Dread filled me as I looked down at the pregnancy test. "Positive."

I dropped to my knees on the restroom floor. The tiles became blurry as my eyes filled with tears. Cradling my knees to my chest,my broken sobs filled the air as my fist pounded the floor. I am such a slut! The one time I decide to go to a party, I just had to get drunk. My sobbing grew louder. I'm a librarian for goodness sakes! I was a virgin 4 months ago. I sighed, slowly regaining my composure, no use crying. At least my baby will be gorgeous. I vaguely remember the men I slept with. Yes men! As in plural! They were identical twins and were insanely handsome. They were about 6'5 with broad shoulders, muscular thighs, and a smile to die for. Their hair was a chocolate brown, eyes a forest green, and a proud , strong jaw. I can not remember who they are, or why they were even there. I pulled myself to my feet,using the sink for support. Turning the knobs, I splashed water onto my face. Ugh,I look horrid. My violet eyes swollen from my crying, my jet black , waist length hair French braided . My high cheekbones flushed. How could I be so stupid! I could practically feel my mother rolling in her grave. I groaned, I can barely remember to feed myself; let alone another person. I tucked my white, long sleeved shirt back into my floral ankle length skirt. I exited the restroom as quietly as I could. My best friend and coworker Michael stood outside. It took everything in me not to cry again. Concern showed in his hazel eyes. Michael was rather short for a man, but he was very pretty. He reminded me of a pixie. With his big hazel eyes and shoulder length blonde hair. Too bad he was gay.

"Oh babe! Tell me whats wrong?" His flamboyant voice demanded. I would regret talking to him, but I need someone to talk to. He pulled me to a seat at the edge of the Library.

"I-I'm pregnant." I whispered sadly. He gasped.

"After only one time??!!! You barely even remember it!" He yelled outraged . I felt bad, I remember everything about that night.

"Keep your voice down!" I hissed.

"Sorry! I just can't believe it." I sighed. He could be so melodramatic.

"Well, what are you going to do?" He prompted.

Nosy man. "I'm going to make a doctors appointment."

"You're not going to tell the father?"

I shook my head. I have no clue which one is my child's father. I looked at my watch.

"We should get back to work. I hear the owner of the Library is supposed to stop by." Michael grinned.

"You're stacking the books today!" Michael yelled running to the counter. What a child. I could only laugh. I began to push the cart absentmindedly through the aisles. I wonder what my baby will be like. Bubbly? Energetic? I jumped when I heard something heavy hit the ground. I looked down to see a large, muscular man on the ground. His shoe on the side of him. I walked towards him slowly. Holding my hand out to him.

"Are you okay?" Bright forest green eyes looked up at me. We both gasped.

"It's you." His gruff voice caressed my skin. He pushed himself onto his feet. He was just as tall as I remembered, his handsome face full of remorse. I turned to walk away.

"I wanted to apologize." He spoke softly "You were a virgin, I had no right to take something so precious."

I stared at him, my mouth agape.

"I was the one who threw myself at you, no harm done." I smiled at him tightly. I wanted so badly to tell him about the pregnancy. The words stuck in my throat. Tension seemed to be released from his body.

"Oh there you are!" Michael walked towards us.

"Gavin! How's it going cousin?" Michael gave the man, or rather Gavin, a large hug. Michael didn't seem to notice how uncomfortable the man was. Michael laughed his tinkling laugh.

" Gavin this is my best friend Danica" Michael placed a hand over my little baby bump.

"She'll be expecting soon." He grinned.

I knew I would regret telling him.

"Is that not great!" Michael continued on.

Gavin frowned at my stomach. I paled. Michael babbled on, he didn't seem to notice the tension. I chose to stare at Gavin's immaculate gray suit.

Michael cleared his throat.

"As you know, we close early on Sundays. Dani lets go get lunch." Michael grinned at me. My stomach chose that moment to growl. When was the last time I ate? I blushed. Michael frowned at me, he knew I didn't eat the way I was supposed to. What can I say? My memory sucks.

"You didn't set your alarm today did you?" He asked. I hung my head with shame.

"You can't afford to forget to eat, especially with a baby coming into this world." Michael shook his head in disappointment. I couldn't help it, I burst into tears. Must be the hormones. Gavin glared at Michael .

"Instead of nagging, feed her." He ordered. I sniffed, he was such a gorgeous man.

"Lets go, we'll all go to I-hop" Michael's bright hazel eyes glowing with excitement. I wiped away my tears.

"You can come too Gavin" Michael offered.

Michael led the way out of the building, locking the doors on his way.

"We will take my car." Gavin's gruff voice said above me. I felt so tiny. I was 5'4 a little over a foot shorter then him.