four

-the first dead body _____

_____

As if all was forgotten I sat on the couch my head in Xaviers lap as he cracked open another beer. I now sported a pair of light washed jeans, a short sleeved black tee and a large puffer jacket, filled with neon greens, blues and purples.

"I don't understand how y'all drink that garbage." I remarked while studying my fingers.

"Why not?" Chet replied taking a sip of his beer before reciting a Wendy's commercial with Trevor. I sat up and sighed.

"Like y'all couldn't have brought hard liquor or anything you had to bring beer?" I asked raising my brow at them.

"What would you have liked Dawn?" Ray asked slouching down in a chair across from the couch.

"I dunno, vodka." I shrugged taking a hit from a freshly rolled joint. The boys had brought enough stuff to have joints and blunts for at least five years.

"Guys! Are any of you listening!" Brooke yelled at us frantically. I blinked surprised by her outburst. "There was a murder at the gas station, the same one we stopped at. There saying it could be the same guy who attacked me. Oh my god he's coming after me!" Her face paled as the realization hit. I glanced at the tv, the news switching to a commercial break.

"And this is a different killer, from the killer on the phone. The one with the keys?" Xavier asked half heartedly. All the boys and Montana laughed, but I sorta felt bad for Brooke. She was paranoid and the others didn't do anything to help ease her paranoia.

"I am not making this up." She exclaimed trying to defend herself.

"Boys and girls together after dark." Margrets voice pierced the room. I quickly jumped off my place on the couch next to Xavier and sat on the ground.

"Miss Booth I think we're in danger." Brooke told our owner. Margret stared at the girl, studying the truth in her statement.

"Yes we are in danger, from sin." She told Brooke, completely oblivious to the girls paranoia. I could practically feel all of them roll their eyes at the owner.

"Brookes just jumpy because she got a prank call." Xavier deadpanned. "Freaked her out." His expression was bored as he talked to Margaret.

"Well, the locals think I'm crazy for reopening this camp, to create a sanctuary of fresh air and exercise. To purify the soul. But I refuse to let fear dictate my life. We've gotta big day tomorrow." Margret looked down at her watch. "Lights out in exactly 20 minutes. The boys will leave." She told us while grabbing beers out of Montana and Rays hands. "And remove themselves from temptation." Ray rolled his eyes before standing up.

"Let's go boys." Trevor commanded before opening the door. Margret ushered the boys out after Trevor.

"You gonna make us pray the boners away?" Xavier asked Margret sarcastically. At his comment Montana snickered and I couldn't help but look to see if he actually did have a boner, turns out he did. Margret looked less then pleased.

"A clean body is a clean mind." She snatched the beer out of his hands. "How many times do I have to go over the rules, boys shower at night no expectations. Now go wash the filth off so you can wake up pure and refreshed for morning prayer." Xavier frowned before leaving the room.

"Bye." Montana waved as Margrets annoying body left the cabin. "Bitch." She muttered. Montana cracked open another beer while Brooke sat on her bed, knees to chest. "She has got to get laid, otherwise it's gonna be a long summer. I laid down on my bed across from Brooke. "You ever been laid?" Montana asked the brunette. Brooke just shook her head. "You?" She asked looking at me now.

"Nope" I shrugged. I wasn't one for sex, alcohol sure, weed occasionally, but sex was something I couldn't get behind. "Virgin."

"I cannot be the only one here who's felt that kind of pleasure." Montana said flabbergasted.

"Yep just you." I replied. She rolled her eyes. I rolled back facing the dark roof of the top bunk.

"Hey maybe Xavier would get it on with you" Montana smiled, wiggling her eyebrows. I glanced at her my eyes wide.

"No way we just met." I retorted closing my eyes.

"You to have been making googoo eyes at each other all day." She insisted.

"No Way." I responded now picking at a loose thread on the quilted blanket.

"Yes way. Right Brooke." At the sound of her name Brooke looked up.

"Uh yeah."  She agreed shortly. I rolled my eyes before turning to face the wall.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight and fuck off." I told them both before sticking up my middle finger and pulling my blankets up to my chin.

____

Probably not even 30 minutes later I awoke to not just female screams but male as well. I threw off my covers, slipped on some sneakers and ran to the screams.

When I approached the scene I saw Ray, Chet and Trevor in a circle, a man with a knife or something through his eye in the center of it. I heard Brooke yell as she approached us. And then Xavier, who crashed into me.

"I'm sorry!" He exclaimed pulling me up and into his side. He felt warm and smelt of musk. "Holy shit. Holy shit!" He exclaimed once more, this time when he saw the dead body. "Is he? Oh-god." Xavier freaked out. "Well we have to help him!"

"Xavier," I said careful putting a hand on his shoulder, "he's dead."

"We should call the cops." Ray argued. Suddenly I couldn't breathe. I had panic attacks when I was younger but the last one I had was years ago. I gripped onto Xaviers coat gasping for air. Everyone was shouting at each other trying to figure out what to do with the body. My body trembled.

"Holy shit." Brooke gasped. I looked up at her my body heaving. "Xavier." He glanced down at me. His eyes widened.

"Dawn." Was all he said before picking me up. I clung to him like a koala my breathing ragged as my heart beat furiously in my chest.

"We gotta book it." Montana breathed looking at all of us.

"Like right now!" Brooke added her breathing rapid. I was to busy focusing on my own heart beat to listen to the rest of them.

"Guys I don't think this was the night stalker..." Trevor told us. The silence was deafening, until, a slight jingle. This sent us all into galactic shock. My eyes widen and my chest grew tighter.

"Jingles." Chet murmured.

"Let's get the fuck outta here ." Ray exclaimed quietly. We all agreed. I breathed slowly.

"My van, the van!" Xavier realized. Everyone's eyes widened. I jumped down off of Xavier and sprinted as fast as I could to the parking lot. My body slammed into the dark side of the van. I blinked before sliding the van door open and hopping inside. The others soon piling in after me. Everyone was talking panicked while Xavier kept turning the keys. It wouldn't start.

"Shit." I whispered under my breath. This was not turning out as planned at all. I rubbed my temples while Chet admitted he did the steroids. Out of no where the purr of the engine roared to life.  I let out a breath I was holding, we were gonna get out of here, Boy was I wrong.