thirteen

-she devil ________

-she devil
________

Chet carefully lit my torch. The flame igniting brightly into the dark sky. I watched around as everyone else's torch's glowed brightly. My eyes sparkled in the dim firelight. I was ready to face her. With Eddie watching over Rameriez and Keith and Larry cutting off the lights, she was going down. I walked behind Xavier as we made our way to Margrets little office.

"Margret Booth." Xavier sang into the night. I saw her pale face press against the glass. A satisfied smirk rested upon my face. She was scared. Margrets door was locked tight just as we had suspected. Unfortunately for Margret, Brooke and Donna were already inside; waiting to strike.

I stood quietly listening to the sound of the flames and the shatter of glass inside. However it was when a gunshot rang from inside that my nerves shot up. Xavier glanced over at me, a look of worry residing among his face. I forced a smile upon my face but in actual reality my chest was bubbled up with fear, Brooke was inside that building. I readjusted my grip on the large butcher knife that started to slip from my hands. I let out a shaky breath just waiting for someone to emerge.

The door opened revealing a very panicked Margret. Chet and Trevor rushed inside, handing off their torches. Xavier handed me his torch and followed the two men inside. I could hear Margrets shrieks of resistance. Chet and Trevor dragged the crazy lady down the ramp and into the grass. Xavier and Donna following behind them. I furrowed my brow, Brooke wasn't there. Donna shook her head. I swallowed hard before following the others.

The churn of the wood chopper rang through my ears as Chet and Xavier held Margret tightly. Trevor paced, an axe over his shoulder.

"Hold her steady boys." Trevor commanded.

"You can't kill me here, you'll just turn me into one of you." She commented. Trevor smirked looking at his axe.

"Why ahead of you Mags." He simply responded before chopping off both of her arms. Margrets screams rang into the air. I couldn't help the small smile that crept onto my face.

"Shoot her over the property line!" Courtney, Margrets ex assistant cheered. Chet smiled devilishly as he plopped Margrets arms into the wood chopper. Her mutilated skin spew across the property line. "This is so gratifying. Is there a purée setting on it?"

Chet swung the axe at the camp owner as she whined. Xavier hacking off the other one. The squishy sound that the axes made when they hit the skin made me shudder uncontrollably. It was a sound that would make anyone gag. The boys threw her legs into the chopper and they too spewed in little mushy pieces.

"Your too late. I'm already dying." Margret breathed. Trevor bent down and lifted Margrets head to face Montana.

"Actually the brain can live about 30 seconds after decapitation." Montana explained before aggressively chopping her head off. I crossed my fingers in the hopes that this act wouldn't get Margrets soul trapped here with us, that would be horrid.

Chet and Xavier lifted up the now headless body of Margret and threw it in Trevor tossing the head seconds after. The retched witch was gone or so I thought. We all cheered at our victory. The blood lust of Margret Booth was now over. Xavier wrapped his arm around me, pulling my tiny body into his side. I rested my head on his shoulder. He glanced down and pressed a small kiss atop my head. I smiled at the gesture. I looked around the group I had known for years and I realized how much I loved them. Midge, Helen, Pete, Montana and hell even Jonas. Chet smiled widely hugging Ray tightly. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I watched at Montana and Trevor embraced in a kiss. Pure joy had filled Camp Redwood.

"I love you." Xavier told me.

"I love you too." I smiled. Everything seemed perfect. Brooke however was still nagging in my brain. I kept pushing it away. I glanced around once more, realizing Ray was gone. I let go of Xavier and looked around. The bright yellow of Rays shirt contrasted in the darkness. I gasped when I saw what he was doing. Brooke was stumbling over her own feet while Ray tried his best to help her get over the border. A tear trickled down my cheek. The payphone, My eyes lit up at the sudden idea. I sprinted as fast as I could.

My body slammed fiercely into the wood of the payphone stand. I dug in my pocket for a quarter. My fingers touched the cool metal as I pulled it out. I sighed in relief. I placed the silver quarter in the slot and prayed it would work. I picked up the phone and pressed the numbers 911. I placed the phone to my ear and waited as the phone rang. I tapped my foot impatiently.

"Hello 911 who may I help you?" The feminine voice on the other line said. My breath hitched before I remembered Brooke.

"Um yes I need an ambulance, my friend is really hurt." I explained as calmly as possible.

"M'am where is your current location?"

"Camp Redwood."

_____

"You did good." Ray commented as he stood beside me. I watched as the bright lights of the ambulance lit up the sky. The paramedics looked around for someone but they all saw was Brookes dying body on the pavement outside the gates of Camp Redwood. The wind rustled the cool autumn air. I pulled my jacket closer to me as I watched as they put my friends body on the stretcher.

"So did you."  I sighed as the ambulance drove away, Brooke in it.