10: Ryan/ Willow

Ryan

"I'd recommend taking some ibuprofen tonight, it'll help until your body gets used to this," Blaine said while giving my shoulder a comforting pat.

"Thanks," I said with a laugh before watching Jesse dramatically wipe the sweat off his forehead.

"God it's hotter than balls out here," Jesse said with a groan. "I can't wait for winter."

He grumbled the entire way into the house which only made me laugh. Spending the day with them had actually been really nice. I enjoyed working on the farm and actually taking my mind off of everything else shitty in my life. And even though I was sweaty and gross right now, the feeling of accomplishment was something I haven't felt in a long time. I know I definitely forgot what it felt like to have people be nice to me. Or having people believing in me.

Speaking of nice people, I hadn't been able to get Willow out of my head the entire day. After walking inside I quickly walked up the steps, my heart already doing a weird flop just thinking about seeing him again. However once I walked into his room I stopped short when I didn't see him. Just as I was about to turn around and look somewhere else, a quiet sob made me instantly turn around.

Walking around the bed I suddenly saw him sitting on the floor, his knees pulled up into his chest. His head was resting on his knees as sobs were quietly coming from him.

"Willow?" I asked while sinking down onto the floor next to him, those sad eyes looking up at me. My hand instantly came out and rested onto his cheek, his head instantly leaning into it. "What happened?"

"It's over," he whispered as big tears were rolling down his cheeks. "My, my doctor called. He said I can't skate professionally right now in case I mess my back up even more."

"Oh Willow," I said while wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into my body. "I'm so sorry."

He then started crying harder into my chest, his fingers clinging to my shirt. "He said it'll take five months before I'm better, if my back cooperates."

After that he started crying harder, making my heart hurt. Not only did it hurt to see his dream crumble, it also hurt knowing I was the idiot who caused it. If I hadn't of texted him and thrown him off his game, he'd be going to the Olympics. Could I be even more of an awful person? I couldn't think about that right now though because Willow was hurting. And I needed him to know I'd be here for him, just like he was for me.

Carefully lifting him off the ground, I lowered him onto the bed and made sure to cover his body with multiple blankets. He buried his face into my chest as his fingers tightly held onto my shirt. I wish I knew how to make this kind of pain go away for him because he didn't deserve this.

**

The rest of the night Willow cried, especially when his father came in to see what had happened. After that he eventually cried himself to sleep, the room becoming weirdly silent. When he woke up the sun was starting to creep into the windows. Those sad blue eyes blankly looked up at me as I gently ran my fingers through his hair.

"How about a shower?" I whispered, hoping it might make him feel better. He was silent for a few moments before slowly shrugging.

Helping him out of bed I took his smaller hand in mine and led him towards the bathroom. After turning the water on I asked, "Do you want pajamas or normal clothes?"

"Pajamas."

Giving his hand a small squeeze I quickly walked back into his room to grab some more clothes. It felt weird to go through his underwear drawer but I forced myself to stop thinking like that. I shouldn't be feeling butterflies in my stomach just from touching his boxers, especially when he was going through a rough time. I definitely was an awful person.