9; Spartan Samson.

"Slay- Slayer! Come on man, at least wait for us! You'll need us over there dude!"

It has been fourteen days.

Fourteen days, we have been at war.

Now, Fourteen days may not seem like a long time when it comes to war, but when the enemy is so powerful, so numerous, that it is everything you can do just to hold them back...

It definitely feels like a millennia. 

"Current time?" A rough, old male voice spoke, belonging to a mountain of a man that looked as though he could barely fit in the chair he sat in.

"Eighteen-hundred." Came a female reply from the other side of the darkened room.

"Legionnaire, mission report." The rough male voice spoke again.

"Recon suggests the enemy forces have stopped multiplying. Current count is estimated seven-thousand foes, most of which are gathering beyond the North-Eastern Wall." These words came from a slightly younger, and slightly smoother male voice than the first.

"By the gods." The female voice whispered, "Back to your post, Legionnaire. Instruct the Second to move to the North-Eastern Wall."

"Aye sir." The Legionnaire replied, before exiting the room.

The man grunted, "Can we open a window or something? It's hot." He said, "And dark."

"Go for it, Spartan." The woman said, and 'Spartan' opened the shutters on a window next to his seat, lighting up the room and letting California's equivalent to a cool breeze rush in.

"Thats better." Spartan said, leaning on the window sill, "Reyna, I fear for your men."

"Shouldn't talk like that Samson. You're a Spartan, and a General." Reyna replied, moving to stand next to him at the wide window overlooking the great fields between the Little Tiber, Camp Jupiter, and New Rome. Fields that, although calm, were still smoldering and burning in places.

"I know, Reyna, but..." He turned, now facing so that he could look out of the window with her, "Look at the soldiers. Look at the people. Look at our gods-damned enemies. They are breaking us down mentally, and not only that, they have the shear numbers to-"

"Shut up, Samson." Reyna sighed, "We must remain strong. Diligent. It's a wonder that these creatures chose to attack us and not the mortals in the city below. We must eliminate them here, not just for our people, our Romans, but for the sake of every human on the coast."

Samson laughed, "Mighty words. I wish the men on the lines could think that-"

Samson looked back as the door began shaking loudly, only to explode open as a Legionnaire ran in, "The North-Eastern Wall is collapsing!"

"What?!" Reyna yelled, immediately placing her helmet on her head and sprinting towards the door, her armor appearing on her slim body as the helmet's plum glowed.

Samson followed her, slamming the watch on his wrist with his right hand, and feeling the weight of his red and black full-body armor appear on his tired bones. He continued to run after Reyna, who was shouting commands, "Fifth and Seventh regiments to the North-East Wall! Remain strong! This is for the future of our people!"

I wish her efforts worked. Samson thought, If only we were more prepared for this, it could have taken less toll on both of our minds.

"Reyna!" Samson called, jogging up behind her and mounting the chariot she had just climbed into, "Drop me off with my men!"

"Sure thing, Spartan!" She yelled over the sounds of seventy or so Legionnaires marching, and the rolling of the chariot wheels. It didn't take long for them to catch up to his men, who were already halfway across the Fields of Mars, sprinting towards the collapsed wall with the strength of ten men each.

Samson jumped off of the chariot at full gallop, quickly keeping pace with his men, "Pace yourself! Don't let your head go!"

One of the men who lead the terrifying pack of sprinting mountains shouted, "Fine woman you got there, eh? Nice of you to join us!"

"Very funny, Clancy! Eyes on target, we only have this one shot to push them back!"

"Aye sir," They yelled in unison, continuing their sprint without breaking a sweat.

Fifteen seconds to contact.

One man shouted, "To the last legion!"

Another shouted, "To the last man!"

And another, "To the last blade!"

"To the last fist!"

Finally, all twelve of them yelled in unison, "We fight!" before letting loose terrible, guttural roars designed to instill fear in the heart of any sentient being. 

Samson jumped over a Pinky, Clancy immediately taking it head on. He landed on top of an Imp, squishing it to jelly, before being knocked own by a Pinky.

He kicked the Pinky off of himself with such force that it flew back into a line of Imps and a few Razors.

Samson turned back as one of his men screamed, and he watched as one of the Razors fired a beam of red energy into the man, burning a whole through his chest.

"MASON!" Samson yelled, immediately grabbing the Razor and throwing it far away. He stood over the body of Mason, ready to protect it, but the onslaught didn't come.

The demons held back, waiting, watching. They all were. There was a very clear, very wide line between the Roman soldiers and these Demons of Hell. 

What are they waiting on?

Samson's ears began to ring loudly, and a force began to squeeze his skull. It only lasted a moment, but in that moment, he could see the Demons fall back ever so slightly, as if they were scared.

What on all of planet earth could possibly scare an army of Demons, let alone an army of this shear magnitude?

It was so quiet, Samson could hear the footsteps behind him. He turned to see a man- At least what he assumed was a man- Dressed in full, green body armor. Thick body armor. The man made the mountain that Samson is appear like a pebble. The Roman lines split, watching the Goliath march towards the Demons, his steps shaking the ground beneath them, and Samson realized that the pressure he felt on his skull was simply the mere presence of this Beast.

In his hands, a gargantuan chainsaw roared to life. 

The Demon's roars grew louder as they charged. 

As did the roar of the massive, spinning blade.