me & you: prologue part three

short story 2
continued
warning: self-harm, mild gore, violence, death
______________________________________

I woke up that morning being embraced by Rocky. While he slept, I just stared at him. He's even more beautiful while asleep.

I suddenly felt a sense of panic arise in me because I know myself. I was already falling for him, and we had only just met.

He broke me away from my thoughts when I saw his eyes flutter open. Through his thick New York accent and his raspy deep morning voice, he greeted me, "Good mornin'. I'm glad you're still here and didn't run off."

"Why would I?"

"I don't know, stranger things have happened. For example, I can't believe I just had sex with a vampire." he chuckled. I laughed too.

Afterward, he pulled me in for a kiss. It got heated again, and before I knew it, we were making love, again.

When we were done, we showered together. He gave me some of his clothes to put on; they were too big, but I loved being in them. I already had memorized his smell, these clothes smelled like him so much it was almost intoxicating.

He made us breakfast, and even though I couldn't taste anything, I ate every last bite.

As I was eating the food, I could feel his eyes burning into me.

"Why are you staring?" I giggled.

"I just love the way you're pretending you can taste any of that for me," he confessed to me honestly.

A big smile spread across my face. In the short time we've known each other, he seemed to do that a whole lot.

_________

After that day, we met up again and again. It didn't really take long for me to fall head over heels, and neither did he.

Every day he would tell me "I love you." It was more than just words to me. I could feel all his emotions running through my body every time he uttered the words "I love you."

I felt the exact same way.

After a year of being all over each other, we decided to move up north. We're going to New York. Rocky has family up there, and even though I told him I don't want to be around more humans, he convinced me. Also, he offered to get another hospital job and steal blood bags for me. It was a sweet gesture, a plus being I wouldn't have to feed on humans anymore.

__________

It was the day of our road trip. We were going to drive for two whole days across the country. Rocky and I packed all of our essential items for our trip. It wasn't much except clothes and food. We were going to stay with his parents for a while when we got there.

Once the car was loaded, Rocky got into the driver's seat, and I, into the passenger. Thus our road trip began.

For five straight hours, Rocky drove. He didn't even seem tired. I kept him entertained with my singing of songs that came on the radio.

"I love your voice so much." Rocky glanced over at me, taking his eyes off the road for a second.

"Boy, look at the road!" I retorted. I didn't want him to see my cheeks turn into tomatoes because of his compliment.