Fiji

The sun was setting below the water. I felt the cool waves wash over my feet as they sank deeper and deeper into the white sand. My body felt exhausted, but my mind was alive. I felt like every single nerve ending was being touched, and the ebb of the waves on my ankles shocked me each time.

For most of the day, Maxon and I had done photos on the beach, in the towns, and close to the heavy foliage nearby. All I wanted was a moment alone with my husband, and I knew that that moment was coming; I could taste it in the air. The maid and butler who accompanied us on the trip had retired to their huts on the beach that neighbored ours.

I suddenly felt a chill run down my spine as Maxon approached me from behind. He ran his hands down my arms and back up to my shoulders. I held his hands to my shoulders with my own, and he leaned on me, putting his chin on my shoulder. We looked out at the open sea, our breathing in sync with the waves. Maxon took in a deep breath through his nose, and on the exhale, he planted a kiss on my neck. I sighed contently and turned to face him. I put my arms around his neck, and he rested his hands on my waist. For a second, he broke his gaze from my eyes to look at the sea.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Maxon asked. I turned around to look at the golden sun creating magenta beams in the sky. I sighed again.

"Gorgeous."

When I turned back, Maxon had this look in his eyes, like he had never seen me until now. I tilted my head a little.

"What?"

"I love you, America Schreave."

I grinned. "I love you too, Maxon Schreave. And, by the way, I love how my name sounds with yours."

"I could not agree more," he said with a chuckle. Suddenly, a serious look crossed over his face, and he smashed his lips to mine. My hands quickly found his sandy hair, and I ran my fingers through it. He dipped me towards the sand. I felt the tips of my hair brush the now-golden powder dusting the beach. He broke the kiss, quickly standing me back up.

"Would you like to head inside?"

A fiery blush raced across my face, and I nodded fiercely. My body didn't feel tired anymore. I escaped from his arms and looked at the hut. "Race you?"

Without warning, Maxon took off, digging up sand behind him. I squealed as he passed me, and I sprinted after him, hoping to make it back before him. His feet slapped up the wooden steps, and he bounded into the bedroom. I followed him in, panting, and brushing my fingers through my sandy hair in an effort to shake the sand out. Maxon leaped out from behind a corner and picked me up, and spun me around the room. My laugh rang across the beach, to the water, and probably to Angeles. It was a laugh that held pure joy, excitement, and anticipation.

My laughter quickly faded as I saw how serious Maxon was. He set me down, and I began to unbutton his once-starched shirt. I did it slowly, to as to build anticipation.

"You can't move any faster, America?"

I looked up into his eyes as I slid the shirt off of his back. "Maxon," I began. "I might be inexperienced, but I'm not naive." His shirt hit the floor with a soft thump. He smiled devilishly, and bent down to pull my dress over my head, leaving me exposed with only my undergarments. I shuddered, not from the breeze, but from his touch.

"I see your point," he whispered, kissing me on the lips. I frantically reached for his belt, trying my best to undo it. Once Maxon was stripped to only his boxers, I looked at him from beneath my lashes.

"I can't take the rest of this off on my own, you know."

He smiled again, and tackled me, pinning me on the bed. He put his hands on either side of my head.

"Marriage isn't something you do alone," he said, kissing my collarbone.

Sadly, we were unaware of the horror the young maid would face in the morning at the sight of my bra hanging on the ceiling fan.
-

I felt fingers tracing swirls on my shoulder before I opened my eyes. I stretched my legs beneath the covers and sighed. Maxon kissed my forehead. "Good morning, my dear," he mumbled. I opened my eyes and looked up at him. His eyes were bright and sparkling, despite his mess of hair. Giggling, I reached up and tried to smooth it out, failing miserably.

"Good morning," I finally answered.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby."

"Me too."

I spent the last few minutes of this happy moment laying on his chest and listening to the calm water rolling up on the beach, and Maxon continued tracing circles on my shoulder.

When we finally decided to get up, Maxon insisted we spend all day at the beach. Chairs and an umbrella were provided for us, and meals were brought all day. When it became later in the day, we went back to the hut to change, and walked into the town for dinner. The villagers provided us with an extravagant feast with foods native to the island. We talked with the villagers for hours before returning to our little beach hut. This time, there was no need for conversation while the clothes fell to the floor.

-

hey y'all! hope you've enjoyed the chapters i've written so far! i'm sorry this chapter is a little shorter, i just didn't know where to take it. just assume maxon and america are happy ;)

i'm planning some good things for the future, i hope. i also hope these chapters will quench your thirst for a little while!

have a good one, and stay safe!

-k