Part 2: A date to the Ball

A few days passed and it went slow for Y/n, she found it hard to hang around with people as most of them feared her or disliked her. The golden trio and the Weasley twins were the only ones who really spoke to her, except with Ron and Harry it took some convincing. One boy that wouldn't leave her alone was Malfoy, her first initial thought was that he was desperate but something deep down made her enjoy him chasing her.

However she had met this one boy that was very welcoming, Cedric Diggory, but she could tell from the moment she met him it wouldn't be more than friends...

The most eventful thing that happened in y/n's day was finding out about a ball that's happening. But yet that still didn't intrigue her.. She made her way to her next lesson that was held in the great hall.

Y/N'S POV

I finally arrived at the great hall to see most people sat in silence. My eyes scanned the room to see Hermione, Ron and Harry sat whispering and the twins sat in silence almost opposite them. I start walking over till Fred looks up and makes eye contact with me. He smiles making me blush a little. I smile back and sit down opposite George.

"Harry I think you should ask Y/n to the Yule ball" she whispers quietly but yet again loud enough for me to hear. This girl really isn't good at whispering.

"Are you bloody mental? Why would he ask that evil-" Ron whisper shouted.

Even though Ron and I aren't really friends or get on it still actually hurt deep down. I clench my fist ready to explode at Ron. Even though he has a point and just because of my surname still doesn't mean I can't get asked. I felt my blood begin to boil when I look up and see Fred frowning at me.

'Calm down' he mouthed making me instantly relax. I just rolled my eyes and looked back down.

"Ron stop it! Whats going on with you?! Why you being so rude, Y/n might not even be like her father!" Harry cut Ron off from saying anything else. My body relaxed knowing that people may actually like me..

I've never experienced friends before, being at home with my father taught me to be independent and not to like anyone really. But I can't get caught up in all this friends stuff anyway, I'm here for one reason and ONE reason only.

Out of no where a note flew over to you. You opened it and it was from Cedric.

'Meet me outside by the bench I would like to talk to you'
-Cedric x

I place the note in my pocket. I look up and see Fred throw a note at Angelina. She looks up at him and mouths 'what'. He asks her to the ball and something about that made me a little jealous.

Once class was over you jumped up handed your book in and sped walked out before anyone had the chance to speak to you. As i walked outside i felt the cold breeze smack my skin so I wrapped the robe around my body tightly.

I notice Cedric laying down on a bench laughing with his friends. I wonder what's so important he needs to talk to me about.. I thought to myself walking over.

"Hey Cedric!"  I call as i strut over.

"Oh hey Y/n!" He sat up almost instantly and went from laughing to serious.

"You wanted to speak?" I question placing my hand on my hip gesturing to hurry up as he was taking a while.

"Uhm yeah... would you maybe want to go to the Yule ball with me?..." he finally spits out.

"I'll think about it" you wink leaving him shocked.

"Nice try Diggory" I heard a familiar voice come from a distance. I turned to see Malfoy sat in a tree laughing.

"What did you say Malfoy?" I spit with sass.

"I said nice try, clearly you're not going with him" Draco says smirking.

"And why's that Malfoy?" Cedric folds his arms sternly looking at Draco.

"Obviously she's coming with me" he smirks while jumping down from the tree and walking towards us..

"Who said I wanted to go with a spoilt brat like you?" You smirk at him knowing you got under his skin...

Cedric stood laughing while Malfoy had the face of a child who got told to go to his room. I giggled a little till I notice Draco intensely look into my eyes. He seemed really hurt.. Oh well why should I care...

"You know what Riddle-"

"Leave her alone Malfoy" Harry cuts off Malfoy as he slowly walks towards us..

"Why should I?" Draco smirks taking a few steps towards Harry.

"Because I choose to go to the ball with Harry!" I fold my arms sarcastically smirking back. Harry looks at me and smiles gently.

"What?! You can't go with Pottah!" Draco spits with anger while Cedric stands with a saddened look on his face. I really don't understand why they even want to go with me, I mean my father is the most evil wizard around.

"Watch me" I spit back. We both stare in each other's eyes intensely. I could feel myself slowly losing myself in those deep blue eyes. Silence filled the area till Harry grabbed my arm.

"Come on Y/n, let's go" we start walking away but I turn to look at Draco, his face filled with a mix of gutted and annoyance.

The walk from outside to our common room was awkward and silent.

"Uh... thanks for being my date to the ball..." Harry finally fills the silence.

"It's okay" I smile gently and look straight in front of me continuing to walk in silence.

Harry says the Gryffindor password to a painting which slowly opens and reveals and small corridor that leads into a room. It was very cosy, completely different to how my room is at home.

"Guys we're back" Harry says catching the groups attention.

"How did it go Harry?" Hermione asks excitedly.

"I said yes" I smile back at her. I make eye contact with Fred and his face was serious. He let off a little smile but it wasn't convincing. Why is he acting like this?

"Hey Y/n let's go get dresses for the ball tomorrow morning as the ball is in the evening!" She smiles.

"Uh.. sure" I let off a small smile and make my way up to my dorm. I get into my pyjamas and hop into bed. I'm really going to struggle doing this task, I think I already am liking this place...