1 - Troubles ⭐

Lilly's POV
Ever had those nights when you feel like all you want to do is sleep. Yet something keeps you up at night and then you're in a bad mood. Well that's me last night I didn't sleep much due to these recurring nightmares. The more they happen the more I know they aren't nightmares but memories. I don't understand why it's happening now. My memories were wiped to keep their secret but somehow I remember.

So I just laid in bed all night letting my thoughts wander hoping to fall asleep knowing that if I do it won't be peaceful. I just stared at the ceiling until my alarm rings and I hit the snooze button. I lay in bed for a few more minutes before finding the energy to roll out of bed. I got dressed, and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I technically don't have to go to school because I already graduated high school. But I'd rather be in high school than be stuck in the palace with nothing to do. So I chose to go to school to have a semi-normal high school experience.

Anyway, today's breakfast was a fruit mix which had strawberries, watermelon, apples, grapes and bananas. Then we had a bagel with cream cheese and then our drink options. Orange juice or water. I grabbed 2 bagels and added my own cream cheese. Then I had 2 scoops of the fruit mix In a bowl. I had chosen orange juice and sit down. But as usual it was quiet during breakfast. Roxana was texting on her phone and Dania was doing her work last minute. Once I was finished eating my breakfast I went to my room and grabbed my backpack. I went to the front of the palace where Roxana was waiting for our ride.

We waited about 10 minutes before our ride pulled up. Per usual we take the same route to school before going our separate ways the second we got to school. I went to my locker to grab what I needed and headed off to my first class. I had advanced physics and we had our final test on everything from the entire year. It's pretty boring. It's always the same questions every year so if you know the right people you'll pass the class.

School is always boring and passes by slowly. I tap my foot in boredom as I watch the clock until the bell rings which dismisses the class. Next I had a test in mechanics and it was about our entire semester of quantum mechanics. Honestly it was the only class I wasn't bored in because everything was hands on for the most part. Plus our teacher Mr. Martinez made everything fun. So the time tended to fly by in the class which sucked because I was always sad when the time ended.

It meant I'm off to another boring class. After mechanics class I had a free period. I typically spend my free period in Mr. Martinez ' room. He had a prep period so he didn't mind me in his room. Sometimes I'll vent to him but I stopped trusting him because he broke my trust. I tried everything: therapy, counseling, coping mechanisms but nothing ever worked. So I just eventually decided that keeping my mouth shut was the better option.

Class had ended but I had stayed in Mr. Martinez 's classroom for a few minutes before packing my things. "Is something going on at home kiddo. You're distant and you hardly talk anymore," Martinez asked me. "We're not doing this again," I stated calmly. "What are you talking about," Martinez replied confused. "Don't play dumb. You're not going to pretend like you care about what goes on in my life. I'm not going to allow myself to fall for another person's act," I told him. I left the room.

Once turning the corner I stopped and leaned against the wall. I took a deep breath before I pushed my feelings down and left to the library to help Roxana with her study guide that's allowed during our math test. Even though I was doing all of the work she was copying the easy answers. She then copied everything else so she had the correct answers. Then I changed the way I solved the equations because for these equations there's two ways to solve it.