11: Risk vs Reward (Night 2/Day 3) ⭐

Felix's POV

I had to force James to wake up because he is just as stubborn as Lilly. Once he's up I had Lilly come in and show him the same thing she showed me. While she did that I stepped aside and called Catherine in for an emergency meeting. She teleports in and I have Lilly do the same things to Catherine. The room was silent for a moment before Catherine shut the door and hit the soundproof button.

 "So what do we do," Lilly asked softly. "We keep our composure. We will not allow this to happen and the others must not be told of this," Catherine told her. "We need to make a plan because what we all just saw cannot happen," I spoke up. "How are we supposed to do that? It isn't a fixed point which means we can change it but we don't know what day it'll be. We have no context as to what led up to that event and we cannot afford to make decisions without full context or for all we know we could end up causing it sooner," James stated. I remember reading up on something and just out of curiosity I spoke up.

 "Deep dive," I said softly. "What," Catherine asked. "No Felix," Lilly said worriedly. "Lilly, if it can help then we should at least try. No matter what we'll all be there for you I promise," James told her. "A mental deep dive. Lilly can perform a spell that'll allow her to see and experience everything from that day. Solely just from her vision as it'll be enough to pull from. Essentially she'll astral project in the future except she'll be in her future body. But it's dangerous because whatever happens to her there happens to her here," I told them

. "Lilly I know it may be scary but it is an option. Do you think you're willing to at least try," Catherine asked her. "Will you pull me out if it starts to get out of hand," Lilly asked. "The second things start to get out of hand we'll pull you out. It's risk vs reward we need to risk a little in order to at least find out something," I told her. "Where are we doing this at," Lilly asked. "We can do it in my office. Away from the others just in case anything goes wrong or you lose control," James told her. "I'll meet you guys down there. I need to grab the things for the spell," Lilly told them. "Alright just don't wake the others," I told her. Catherine, James and I made our way to James's office.

 "I'll go make you 2 some coffee and myself some tea. I have a feeling we'll be in here for a while," Catherine told us. She leaves and a few minutes later Lilly comes in with a book, chalk, and some candles. She draws a triquetra and sets the candles up in a triangle. Catherine comes back just in time as Lilly finishes setting up the spell. "Good you're back. First off I'm tying my lifeline to one of you because if I die in there I don't feel like dying for real. I need someone in the circle to act as an anchor so you can pull me out. Thirdly someone needs to be on the outside of the circle and act as the messenger. So If I say pull me out you need to break the triquetra to stop the spell," Lilly told us.

 "What do you mean tying your lifeline to one of us," Catherine asked. "Meaning if I die I will die but so long as the person I'm tied to is alive then I'll come back. The catch is even after I unlink us we'll still be connected in a way. Like you can sense my emotions but I can't sense yours," Lilly told us. "I'll be the lifeforce," I told her. "I'll be the anchor," James said softly. "I guess that leaves me to break the spell if something goes wrong," Catherine told us. "I'll be out of commission for a few days after this to recover," Lilly told us. "Perfectly reasonable considering what we're asking for you to do," Catherine told her. "Alright let's get started. Ignis," Lilly said softly. The candles lit all at once and I'll admit I was impressed. Lilly first linked our life force before having James come in the circle and sit down.

 She lays down and James has her head resting on his lap. "Will you still be able to communicate with us," Catherin asked. "Yeah I'll only physically be linked there but mentally I'm aware of everything here and can still talk. You guys will be able to watch what's happening and I won't remember until I wake up. Oh and time won't pass until the spell is broken. So beyond this room time is frozen," Lilly told us. "If you want us to pull you out just say red. It'll be a safe word," Catherine told her. "Understood now let's just get this over with," Lilly replied. Lilly does the spell and passes out for a second. The room changes in a sense and it's like we're watching her memories but we're in them. She wakes up but it's like she doesn't notice us. James gently plays with her hair.

 "James is that you," Lilly asked. "Yeah it's me kiddo. You can't see can you," James said softly. "No like I said, I'm physically there. Which is why you guys can see and I can't," Lilly told us. I grabbed a pen and paper to write down information. I knew it wouldn't be long before things started to get wild. While we watched everything that was happening I wrote down important details. Times, the day, locations and summaries as to what leads up. About 13 hours in is when things got out of hand and Catherine had to break the triquetra thingy.

Lilly gasped awake and was confused. "I-I don't feel too well," Lilly said weakly before passing out in James arms. "Exhaustion. But she was right, time doesn't pass which means we all should go to bed and deal with this first thing tomorrow," James told us. "You're right this is no good to us if we don't rest well and come back with a fresh mind," Catherine told him. I carefully take Lilly in my arms and take her up to her room and tuck her in. 

This was going to be a rough night considering she took a few bruises and almost died and watched us all almost die. I eventually decided to move her into my room since my room was already a twin bedroom. She was going to need to be monitored after what happened. So I would be the one to do that since I'm still connected to her. I went to bed after settling her in the second bed. I was asleep for maybe 3 hours before having to deal with Lilly and getting her to calm down so I could put her back to sleep.

 I had to do this twice before she was able to stay asleep. I slept till 9 before getting ready for the day and eating. I trained Matteo and January while James had Tuma, Sam and Roxana. At lunchtime I took lunch to my room and woke Lilly up to eat. She was a little disoriented so I fed her a quick lunch and got information that I needed by talking to her while she had her guard down. After she ate she went back to sleep. She was completely drained which is understandable. I made notes on ways I could train her and had set goals for her to achieve while training. This way as she trains we can add more goals to keep her motivated.

Felix's Notes

Training:
Monday - Basic Elements (Earth, Fire, Water, Wind)
Tuesday - Advanced Elements (Ice, Time, Moon, Light, Dark, Electricity)
Wednesday - Second Born Powers (Mind Reading/Control, Increased Empath)
Thursday - Witch Abilities + Sparring & Advanced Training
Friday - Practice Day (New Spells)
Saturday - Advanced Water Training
Sunday - Off Day (Meet with Lilly to set more goals)

Goals: (Staring once Lilly's back on her feet)
-

Siphon Electricity
- Master at least 1 new spell
- Master Earth Elemental Abilities (Close to achieving)
- Tap into the minds of others (No spells)

(Side note) Switch every two weeks to give more days off.

Once I was done I put the goals and notes in on my phone and shared them with James. For the most part I've been the one to train Lilly and James was relieved because he already has to handle the other 5. But he does like to get a check in and wants to start training her at least once a week. Lilly wakes up to use the bathroom and lays back down. This time she doesn't fall asleep she just lays down. "Now that you're up, is it alright if we talk," I asked her. "I guess," Lilly replied.