YOU LAID UNDER THE MOONLIGHT on the sharp blades of grass that caressed each limb of your body. You felt the dew forming around you as you watched the warm hues of the sunset turn cool, orange and yellow being replaced by blue and purple. With the darkening world the stars began to visibly shine, bringing a sense of comfort. Your arms were extended as the atmosphere shifted in front of your eyes.

The warm air turned frigid as the sky darkened, though it didn't feel like it was dark. It felt brighter than it'd ever felt before, a sense of security holding you in it's embrace. A gust of wind overcame you, to which a laugh followed. Was this what being free felt like? It was a sensation you only felt during the night - quite unfamiliar. Is this how the stars always feel?

Almost like a response, one of the smaller stars brightened and dulled - like a beating heart. You'd never seen that before. Your focus turned completely to the pounding star as you felt the ground shift near you. The boy's gaze was focused on the sky - the stars shining in his eyes.

You looked to the silver-haired boy who was laying there with the moon's light overcoming his body. He looked angelic - too pretty to be considered human. He shone like the stars.

His arms were extended similarly to yours, his fingertips brushing your own. He noticed your gaze locked onto him and turned his face, eyes meeting your own. A small smile came over his lips as he looked at you and looked back to the sky.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He spoke, eyes growing focused on the beating star.

Your lips curved. "Yeah, it is."

For the rest of the night the two of you laid in silence, watching the moon move across the sky as the sun rose. Golden hues flooded the sky as you looked to your right.

He was gone.