𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊

Your under-eye bags grew darker with each passing day, yet you couldn't bring yourself to sleep. If you slept at night, you'd miss the stars - but if you slept during the day you'd miss school. Your teacher was the only one concerned about the Prada bags under your eyes and your paling skin. You'd kept up with your school work as promised, but he could tell something was off.

Each time you went home from school you did homework and listened to music until the time came. It was the same time each day - you went to your spot and watched the beating star with Koushi. You'd been spending each night with Koushi under the moonlight as it glistened in your eyes. Each moment you spent with him was surreal; like you were talking to a God. His company was everything you'd ever need.

"Koushi," You began as you stared at the sky, "You see that, right?"

Over the days you'd spent with Sugawara, you'd gotten much closer. Physically and socially. The two of you laid side by side, holding hands under the throbbing star.

"See what, Y/N?" He softly spoke as he tried to find where you were looking. "Oh, that?" He followed your gaze to the beating star. "Yeah, I see it."

"Why does it beat? It throbs like a heart. I've never seen anything like it."

A smile graced Koushi's face. "It seems to get faster each day."

He was right. At the start it was just a slow pulse, now it's almost racing. How peculiar.

The boy to your right squeezed your newly-warm hand, rubbing his thumb over your skin.

"I wonder why that is."

At the sight of dawn, Koushi departed, leaving you cold once more. The smile on your face never ceased - not even with him departed.